• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Only if it pays substantially more, otherwise I'd not do it.

I will train only because it reduces my work load.

We do get extra pay...but I don't know what it is...

mac 'not my motivation either' gyvr

I hope when Sam quits i don't have to train somebody :D

Took my jeep out to play in the yard. I have a horrible whine through the speakers, Dylan thinks it's cuz I grounded the amps to the body. Before I buy more wire, does anyone support this theory? Or have other ideas?

Could be crummy grounding on something in the engine compartment or a bad rectifier pack in the alternator, too. Couldn't tell you more without putting an o-scope on things.

Re: Re: Important

Could be crummy grounding on something in the engine compartment or a bad rectifier pack in the alternator, too. Couldn't tell you more without putting an o-scope on things.

Battery was close to dead, lights, radio, air pump, etc on. Alt was working pretty hard.
Changes with engine speed. Reminds me of the noise one of my CBs had before I grounded it to the battery.

Well think I might have a deal in the works for trade for the car. Only thing i'm a little leary on is the miles on it. Its a 98 limited zj with the 318 v8 and has 206,000 miles. Said the only things wrong with it are the tranny and transfer leak a little and rear hatch struts are bad. I'm really considering going and looking at it cuz its pretty much exactly what I am looking for. What do you all think of a deal like this for my car? Granted my car needs catalytic converter and tires on it. But its also 3 years newer and 50,000 miles less

That makes me wonder how many people know how to use oscilloscopes? Not many people have access to one.

I don't have an oscilloscope or know how to use one. I really want to get one though, would be useful if my renix ever decides to throw a fit, and a ton of other stuff.

I have like nine or ten. I collect them the same way old ladies collect cats.

Don't think I paid more than 50 bucks for any single scope, or more than 150 for the whole pile. Most I got free, either broken or surplus to requirements and about to be scrapped at the various schools I've gone to.

I know I have something like 4-5 Tektronix 2213As, a pair of 465s, a 7904 (the best scope I have, but needs some switch contacts cleaned), an RM565 (just because it's awesome looking, it's basically uselessly obsolete and huge, all vacuum tubes) as well as several I can't remember the model numbers of. At one point I had 9 2213As, mostly broken, but I fixed most of them and sold them to pay for textbooks during college.

They're really pretty easy to use. There are howto videos on youtube that will guide you through probably 90% of the situations you'll need a scope for.

I have like nine or ten. I collect them the same way old ladies collect cats.

Don't think I paid more than 50 bucks for any single scope, or more than 150 for the whole pile. Most I got free, either broken or surplus to requirements and about to be scrapped at the various schools I've gone to.

I know I have something like 4-5 Tektronix 2213As, a pair of 465s, a 7904 (the best scope I have, but needs some switch contacts cleaned), an RM565 (just because it's awesome looking, it's basically uselessly obsolete and huge, all vacuum tubes) as well as several I can't remember the model numbers of. At one point I had 9 2213As, mostly broken, but I fixed most of them and sold them to pay for textbooks during college.

They're really pretty easy to use. There are howto videos on youtube that will guide you through probably 90% of the situations you'll need a scope for.

Nerd ;)

I don't have an oscilloscope or know how to use one. I really want to get one though, would be useful if my renix ever decides to throw a fit, and a ton of other stuff.

Check out picoscope, it is what I use at work. Hooks up to a laptop for the screen and controls. Very easy to use (Dan could probably figure it out). It is small and easy to travel with. I think the one I bought for work was ~$1500

I have a OTC scope at work that gets used every now and again. Bossmans on the fense about a new scanner from Snapon. Im trying to talk him into it. Modis Ultra with a built in scope.

I had heard of the pico scope but havent looked into it much. I noticed the price and kind of backed off. lol But in reality the price isnt that bad for what it is.

Back