• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Got the valvetrain finished and the cover back on. Couple more things to button up and I can try starting it and see how bad I screwed up

Hopefully no more issues! :cheers:

New wheels are on

20210226_154256.jpg 20210226_154234.jpg

Hopefully no more issues! :cheers:

Oh like it would go well now :laugh2:

Went to put in coolant, leak at the thermostat. Pulled it back apart and the new gasket got trashed already. Looks like the stat slipped a bit.

Got a new gasket so I'll try it again. Oil got changed too.

Hoping the 2.5" flex pipe I bought works for a temporary exhaust patch, to slip over the spot I cut. Gotta get everything redone between the downpipe and muffler. Its touching the floor in a few spots thanks to some bashing off road.

Jeep is fixed. Marlow Automotive figured out the connector for the speed sensor needed some love.

Getting wheels swapped tomorrow. Too bad its looking like another wet weekend coming up.

Sounds like they are good people. I've always seen jeeps out front of their shop. How'd you like them?

Sounds like they are good people. I've always seen jeeps out front of their shop. How'd you like them?

They were great! Definitely recommend them and will use them again. Probably going to see how much they'll want to get the AC working in the Jeep again.

They were great! Definitely recommend them and will use them again. Probably going to see how much they'll want to get the AC working in the Jeep again.

That's good!

Been debating if I want to do the blend door for the defrost to feet or see how much it would be to have it done. I know it's like a 6-8hr job....

It’s alive!

Got it started tonight after doing the thermostat a third time. Kept slipping down, never had that issue before.

Still open header but I needed to fire it up. Idled smooth. Debating just towing it to the exhaust shop instead of trying to figure out a temporary connection

It’s alive!

Got it started tonight after doing the thermostat a third time. Kept slipping down, never had that issue before.

Still open header but I needed to fire it up. Idled smooth. Debating just towing it to the exhaust shop instead of trying to figure out a temporary connection

Awesome!! I'd probably go the tow route since Id be tired of dealing with it. lol

Definitely leaning that way, especially with the flange to front driveshaft clearance issue. I'm assuming they can solve it and I'd rather not trash the driveshaft on the way there

Got the exhaust hooked up. Dropped the crossmember to replace it with the SFR one, figured that might give me some exhaust slack.

Left the garage, burped cooling and drove it around the block. Has an exhaust leak but it works!

Got the exhaust hooked up. Dropped the crossmember to replace it with the SFR one, figured that might give me some exhaust slack.

Left the garage, burped cooling and drove it around the block. Has an exhaust leak but it works!

Woohoo!!!

Wheeled some yesterday.

20210307_122927.jpg 20210307_122905.jpg 20210307_142447.jpg 20210307_142534.jpg

Washed the Jeep off today. Itching to go wheeling again already.

20210315_153602.jpg 20210315_154030.jpg

looks good! I actually "washed" mine sat. I'm down to go on a saturday.

maybe some more people from here would like to go? get a group of XJs!

Got the exhaust fixed. Man cats got expensive.

Driving back I had a new rotational noise. Either the t case chain is stretched or the centering ball on a driveshaft went bad

Pulled the front shaft. Still had the noise.

Pulled up on the e brake handle slightly and it’s gone. Must be related to the new trans mount

E brake cable was rubbing the driveshaft. Problem solved

If you squint it's an XJ, its got a 4.0
b2a6deeed68359114572af8bc46122a4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If you squint it's an XJ, its got a 4.0
b2a6deeed68359114572af8bc46122a4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My mom had one that looked just like that in the 90's. 2wd though. Definitely takes me back.

There's a really nice looking red 96 4.0 4x4 for sale in Houston for 3k, but its at a sketchy dealer. I kind of want to go take a look at it.

Back