• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some General Event Info

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Upon request from ScottMac (yup... two t's now :) ) I have just put up a page with some general info :)

So for those of you that have some general questions about area, please visit http://www.naxja.org/events/Winterfest03/index.htm

Flags

One thing to add on the flags. The info page just says that vehicles have to have flags when I skimmed over it, to add to that, they are requiring you to have flags that stick at least 2 feet above the roof of the vehicle.

mac 'a bit more FYI' gyvr

flag questions

So tell us some more about this flag requirement. Do they have flags there you can use or rent? If not, where do you get one of these - a bicycle shop?

Any tips from Attica regulars on mounting a flag?

Flags...wearing them legal beagle

They sell flags at the office. There are a few types. The simple type is either 2 or 3 dollars, its just a orange flag that fits on an antenna. They have, I believe its about 5 bucks and is a little more classy and says BADLANDS on it, its orange with black lettering. The third flag is more of an ATVers choice with a long pole and flag attached to it (about $10, not for sure on that), it has a bolt on it and fits whatever the standard hole is for a flag (9/16th is just a guess). They do offer another one with a really long pole but I dont know much about it.

The two flags that you can just buy fit over antennas and are keep in place with zip types at the top and bottom. I put my flag on my 102" whip CB antenna, that keeps it about 5 feet or more above the top of my jeep. Unless you have a really long radio antenna you'll need to either make a bracket for the flag with a pole or have a taller antenna, you just need to keep the flag at rest two feet above the top of your Jeep. We were just told about this two trips ago to attica. Most of the guys I wheel with either have long whip antenna (which really aren't the best, cause they can be dangerous, but they work well on the trail) or they have fiberglass CB antennas that are mounted high enough to get the flag where it needs to be.

I'll be in attica on the 1st, I'll get the prices for all the flags for you guys as well as the bolt size for the flags on poles.

mac 'flags, flags they are everywhere' gyvr

that guy . . .

if you mean that guy bringing the busload of beer, you better believe I'm gonna think is bumper-mounted flag is downright awesome! :wink:

Back