• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bilstein shocks... whatchya gonna runnin??

Probably gonna just go with my best option at the valving folks like and the coil suspension upfront calls for:
P/n Travel Valving. Comp. extended. Cost
33-230344 10.00 360/80 15.90 25.90 $94.00

Maybe I pony up double the cost in the future and get some REAL shocks... maybe

If I can’t get a deal on all 4 Bilsteins, I am considering your mono max for the rear. Since they don’t need to be as firm with the leaf springs and weight of tire bumper... probably a bad idea to mix brands, but I mean the earlier shared chart says to mix valving so what’s the difference ya know?

The monomax I ran on the jeep was off the dodge front end maybe valving is stiffer for the trucks compared jeeps. Might be why I like it so much.

Ahh... that’s probably very true!

Idk now I’m leaning Fox... just don’t know how to find the 2.0s with the proper eye to eye and valving I need uhg back to the google

Having a hard time finding a universal instead of vehicle specific.

Found universal with eye to eye on ride Fox.com

https://www.ridefox.com/filter.php?f1=&v1=&m=truck&year=Universal&make=Eyelet+-+Eyelet+

Then cross referenced the pn on Shocksurplus... to find them listed as F150 shocks... and the 11” travel I want out of stock. Go figure. Might just send it with Bilstein with 360/80 and call it good. Good grief. I want to be driving this weekend already!

I said I found em under f150 but the dimensions I want are out of stock...

I will call that place to confirm.... or just stick with Bilies if there is any back order

*Definitely Not paying for remote res... probably go King if I were

How much compression are you running?
I'm finding I'm out of compression and need wy more extensions im centerd perfect 4.5 in and out.

Did you finally decide.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Nope! I have been rebuilding the rear end piece by piece and delaying the inevitable...

You are running out of compression because those shocks are to long... finding a shorter shock that still has the down travel you want will put you in my boat... only, with my extra lift it should be easier!

16” compressed.... 32” extended... why is that so hard to come by?

I have 4" of compression that is plenty. But about the ske down travel.
16" is the 11" 5125 compressed
16" is 8" fox comressed
Somehow 5125 overal is shorter for stroke length

My compressed 4" virtually stay the same but I gain 2" down hmm 2" doesn't even sound like its worth it.

Or I get 12" fox foa king rework mounts so I have 6" of shadt showing at ride height or 4" and have 6" down wicj just abut works out to the same as bolting 11" 5125 in my current brckets.

This is at ride height.
Plenty of compression actually perfect tire touches my fender
fd8fafc9bc0798546787407d9a5fe1b9.jpg

Holy Moly.. just read all 7 pages of this thread. Did you guys ever come up with a solution? Most of what I read about downtravel, etc. is new to me. But I'm not in the same boat as you and not super-fine tuning squish & droop..
I'm just wondering which Fox 2.0 to get from Accutune.. they have a couple options for ranges of lift.
I'm calling them this afternoon to try and pin it down. All this ties in with the threads you guys have been dealing with me on.. SRB, drop shackles, new springs, CAD.. yada, yada.

Holy Moly.. just read all 7 pages of this thread. Did you guys ever come up with a solution? Most of what I read about downtravel, etc. is new to me. But I'm not in the same boat as you and not super-fine tuning squish & droop..
I'm just wondering which Fox 2.0 to get from Accutune.. they have a couple options for ranges of lift.
I'm calling them this afternoon to try and pin it down. All this ties in with the threads you guys have been dealing with me on.. SRB, drop shackles, new springs, CAD.. yada, yada.

Well I sure wouldn't waste my time until you have all your lift problems sorted out and can flex your XJ up to take measurements. I would also recommend you get your drive shaft angles figured out and then relocate the lower shock mounts!

Well I sure wouldn't waste my time until you have all your lift problems sorted out and can flex your XJ up to take measurements. I would also recommend you get your drive shaft angles figured out and then relocate the lower shock mounts!

Ya, just killin' a cold day inside and wandering the forums. Lots to do before I monkey with shocks - like measure the existing and flex.
Which lower shock mounts? The rear lower mounts were moved up on recommendation of DPG with OME kit.

I'm thinking it's moot for me. Contacted MetalCloak re shocks with their 4.5" progressive springs. Turns out they use OME 60052L on the front with their springs and that's what I already have on the XJ.
60053 (no L) on the rear so looking to see if the 'L' is a real thing for the rears.

I'd definitely do race series with ladies adjuster. Wouldn't go shorter than 10"

Cycle it with coils removed to get best shock lenth. Rework upper and lowers ad needed

The 5165s were a consideration- from all I’ve read they are 5100s with a remote reservoirs... and that is only a benefit when running hard and fast to dissipate heat. There is only like a double shot glass of oil in them- if that.

From what I’ve read of course.

For double the price I think 5125 or 5100 should fit the bill

Remote reservoir has nothing to do with heat dissipation

It's about packaging travel

You can get 7100's with custom valving, and you can also get Fox 2.0's with custom valving - both from Offroadwarehouse

Didn't see much if any packaging difference between res or not across the board of manufacturers.
Vakved 7100s would also be nice

Back