• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Introduce You and your Jeepspeed / Prerunner

awesome! i went to the Powder Puff race last year and got a photo of this team:
155821_133723786685938_101752549883062_194388_5023029_n.jpg

unfortunately, i didn't get there early enough to see them in action. :'/ but i'd love to get out there this year to watch! i'm also planning on going to the next JeepSpeed race, in September i believe at the MORE Chili Cook-Off. ;)

im tom im 23, live in san diego, and ive had my jeep for about 6 years now. bought it stock and here is how it sits now

mine is on its way to being a go-fast/crawler/DD so ill post up i guess

1990 XJ, 4.0, NP242 w/RE HnT, HP30, 29 spline 8.25.

RE 4.5" coils, stoopid RE 10.5" travel monotubes and ACOS up front.
RE superflex adjustable uppers and lowers
RE drop brackets
custom OTA trackbar with RE HD bracket and brace
DOM steering with ballistic heims
RC 4.5" leafs that are destroyed at this point, maybe 2.5" lift out of them. in the market for some deavers or nationals
RE 1" shackle
HD offroad relocation boxes
33x10.50 KM2's on 15x7 AR outlaw II's painted black

soon i will be getting deaver coils, and either deaver or national leafs along with some 7100's

268116_1851156884268_1401125122_31697082_6051551_n.jpg

CIMG0185.jpg

CIMG0164.jpg

Untitled.png

Just joined this forum. I am a member over on Dezertrangers, and I finally decided to join a forum to learn more about Jeep stuff lol.

The name is Garrett
Santa Clarita, CA

This is currently my second jeep cherokee and I plan on keeping this one for a while.

1995 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L Auto
Rubicon Express 5.5" Extreme Duty short arm with drop brackets
Rubicon Express Mono tube shocks (for now)
Dana 44 rear end
Slip yoke eliminator
Tom Woods driveshaft
T&J frame stiffeners ( still have to get the other 2 frame plates)
33"x10.5"x15" BFG Baja T/A's on KMC Enduro rims
Front fiberglass
Autofab hood pins
Full exhaust from Head pipe back. 2 1/4" to the muffler (high flow cat) (spintech muffler) 2 1/2" out to the tail pipe.

Thats all I can remember for the moment lol

Here are some pics!
IMG_0861.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

I Love your rig, i used to drive by it everyday going to school, and it made me want an XJ. Thanks for the inspiration.

i've been waiting a while to post here, but i think i finally can...

98 XJ, AW4, 231 w/sye
HP44/D60-ISU.. 513s, OX front, lock right rear

rock krawler 4 link
deaver coils & leafs
RE boomerang shackle
prothane bumps
10" travel 2.5 bilstein 9100s remote resi front, 12" travel 2.0 9100s remote resi rear.

35" MTZs wrapped around blingin' polished H2 wheels.

full front to rear unibody bracing, in progress hybrid cage, JCR rear guards w/ LED tails, hella H4 headlight conversion, more stuff i'm missing and much more to come.

no in action pics yet...
6894379950_9a19ec6d31_c.jpg

6894380192_dcd0941ff7_c.jpg

more of a speed rig than the guys who posted with shortarms and bilstein 5100s :dunno: jeep is far from a crawler.. by east coast standards anyway. still needs a few more things to be more "prerunner-esc" i guess.. still have to finish most of the tube work and add lights. lights everywhere.

more of a speed rig than the guys who posted with shortarms and bilstein 5100s :dunno: jeep is far from a crawler.. by east coast standards anyway. still needs a few more things to be more "prerunner-esc" i guess.. still have to finish most of the tube work and add lights. lights everywhere.

and fiberglass fenders

Hey guys I figured it was time to stop lurking so much and actually post some stuff on here.

My XJ is a 1993 2wd Sport, 4.0, 5-spd. Eric and Ryan Filar from FatCityRacing helped me with some of the build including the cage. The cage mounts my 14" Pure Race King 2.5 remote resi's. The Alcan's from BigOffroad mounted under the 31 spline Schreiner Enterprises full floating 9" con spool.

IMG_2466 by premium67, on Flickr
Tires are 32x11.50 BFG's on 15x8 wheels with 3.75" backspacing.

I bent the tranny output a few years ago and the Jeep sat until I graduated college but now I'm done with school and working so work is being done. Recently had front shock mounts built and will be running some custom 9100's from Joel at Bilstein.

Otherwise, front suspension consists of:
- Sway bar delete
- RE 1345 coils
- RE drop brackets
- RE control arms
- RE track bar bracket & modified track bar above axle
- Bulletproof steering tie rod & drag link with 3/4 heims

My job allows me to live close to testing grounds so hopefully this Jeep will finally get some use and get super dialed.

IMG_2357 by premium67, on Flickr

Last edited:
yea thats pritty sweet. Custom pack or lifted commanche springs?

It's a BigOffroad 8" FlexE pack with an extended 1/2 leaf on top. Pin flipped around to run under the axle. Also have Rocky Road shackles which are 6" eye to eye. I have a terrible shackle angle and it doesn't work as well as I'd like. I'm hoping that relocating the shackles will make a huge difference.

In the mean time though I'm waiting for my front bypasses and need to build a drag link that doesn't bind at full droop. :repair:

Back