• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XO Fab Cage Install

Thanks for this... definitely on my list of things to do to mine... Doing 2x6 sliders first. How far forward of the firewall do your sliders go into the wheel well area? I'm going to try and space my supports for the sliders to be where the B-pillar bar will set so I can weld right to that.

Had a buddy get completely knocked out/multiple day ER visit with brain swelling from a 10mph fender bender after his head met his roll cage. I'd definitely get some good padding (either Wrangler type stuff or SFI padding) for it. No pool noodles or pipe insulation, that not only won't help you, but is a major fire hazard in a vehicle. Skin grafts aren't fun.

If you have rear passengers, headrests or more roll bar padding to prevent soft noggins from touching hard tubing would likely be appreciated. :D

No pool noodles or pipe insulation, that not only won't help you, but is a major fire hazard in a vehicle. Skin grafts aren't fun.

Thanks for posting this! Flammability never occurred to me. Time to replace my pool noodles over my cage.

Reminds me of those snap on bubble face shields everyone had on their helmets in the 70's. They stopped making those after race car drivers had them melt/deform over their faces if they didn't get out fast enough after an accident/fire.

Ohhh man this amazing you do incredible work.

Why not bolt the halo to the top of the xj?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks for this... definitely on my list of things to do to mine... Doing 2x6 sliders first. How far forward of the firewall do your sliders go into the wheel well area? I'm going to try and space my supports for the sliders to be where the B-pillar bar will set so I can weld right to that.

This far...

wqpPmQll.jpg

Had a buddy get completely knocked out/multiple day ER visit with brain swelling from a 10mph fender bender after his head met his roll cage. I'd definitely get some good padding (either Wrangler type stuff or SFI padding) for it. No pool noodles or pipe insulation, that not only won't help you, but is a major fire hazard in a vehicle. Skin grafts aren't fun.

If you have rear passengers, headrests or more roll bar padding to prevent soft noggins from touching hard tubing would likely be appreciated. :D

I want to try to add headrest to the rear seat, but yeah I will also add some padding also.

Very nice work.

I am going to have to think about buying one of these kits instead of trying to bend up my own from scratch. At the very least this would be a big head start.

So nice! In my next life I wanna learn those skills instead of wasting 3 years in college.
Admirable work.

Looking goooood!
Can you give some more info on the rear seats? Wj cloth seats with leather head rests? Do the wj fit better than the zj rears? Cutting the bottom of the foam and all that? Or did you just add head rests to the xj seat? I'm seeing a one piece back, and thats confusing me

Looking goooood!
Can you give some more info on the rear seats? Wj cloth seats with leather head rests? Do the wj fit better than the zj rears? Cutting the bottom of the foam and all that? Or did you just add head rests to the xj seat? I'm seeing a one piece back, and thats confusing me

It's the XJ seat with WJ headrest mounts welded in.

BUFYuVhl.jpg

Ok ok... sweet! That is awesome! I haven't seen that mod yet, guess I need to look into it. Came out slick

Back