• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JK 44s and other Fun Stuff

NBTcgLLl.jpg

EUsGO4il.jpg

Finally got it out for its first off road run. Place is a go fast / trails, not much for rocks, good place for a first run. Didn't take hardly any pics though..

HxVS4wWl.jpg

vWkGBv5l.jpg

Did really well, the front bumps worked awesome in the go fast stuff. RCVs click bad so they will need rebuilt, biggest issue was in the first 30 minutes one of the rear shocks was covered in fluid. Didn't appear it was crashing anything so kept running the rest of the day.

Got it home and took off the shock, the remote reservoir line fitting was loose...

YqzH6lil.jpg

ew1JYKAl.jpg

These shocks were ~4 months old at this point with almost no miles. Clearly a build/ quality issue from Bilstein. Since they are not vehicle specific, they only carry a 90 day warranty. I still called Bilstein, thinking surely they would be reasonable... nope, pretty much told me not their problem. You would think they would be concerned about the quality concern on how the fitting got off the assembly line not torqued....

Luckily 4 wheel parts stepped up and after a few calls they accepted it as a return for replacement with me paying shipping. With that said I'm still waiting on a replacement, I guess they were also back ordered from Bilstein...

4WP has been really slow lately. I ordered some Corbeau seats in May and as of June 30th they couldn't tell me when they would ship. And they listed them as in stock...

I had a poor experience with 4wp recently regarding some axle seals...
Long story short-
Big mess.

I get they are booming right now with all the stuck at home work on the rig goin on... but my experience plus this has definitely swayed me, In ordering my shocks on Amazon like a smart person LOL

Long story short-
Big mess.

I get they are booming right now with all the stuck at home work on the rig goin on... but my experience plus this has definitely swayed me, In ordering my shocks on Amazon like a smart person LOL

I actually ordered them through Amazon, but they were sold through 4wp... I've been on hold over an hour multiple times now with them...

Long story short-
Big mess.

Same here.....

I ordered a master rebuild kit for the front & rear diffs on my 79 Ramcharger.

For some reason, the carrier bearings that were in the rear axle kit did not fit, and a part number check showed them to be for a 79 chevy. I sourced the correct bearings from the local dealer (on superbowl sunday at 4 in the afternoon - pays to have friends) so I could finish the job.

I contacted them, and they said to send them back for a refund. I did...but they never credited me...and when asked, the answer they gave me was "You were never charged for those bearings", so we can't credit you for them".

I said I was charged for a complete master rebuild kit, and it had the wrong parts....so how as I not charged for them. They stuck to their answer, and I never got any money back.......I have also not given them any more of my business since then....and this was back in 1992.

Ordered RCV Rebuild kits, was happy to discover the RCV willl clear the knuckles if you take off the boot... I was about to pull the knuckles.

HhrTuYTl.jpg

Disassembled and cleaned out

6IXmc9el.jpg

Back together with fresh grease.

gDXslKgl.jpg

After taking it out the last time, It was clear the rear suspension needed some work. I have been running HD shackle brackets, Rusty's .75 shackles, and Big Off Road 4.5 flexy packs. These leafs did great for the last 8 years but one side has started to sag.... so time for a new setup.

Settled on Deaver 4" G9s

9XfakTPl.jpg

Comparison to the BOR packs, quite a different design.

Be8Ld5nl.jpg

SFR shackles

q9I1uO2l.jpg

The Deavers have a longer main leaf then the BOR packs, and combined with the longer SFR shackle, I really didn't need the the drop brackets any more. In fact I liked the setup best with the shackle in the factory location... I would have put it there but one of the weld nuts broke off. Decided the SFR shackle boxes would go in to replace, but I was trying to go wheeling over the weekend so I put the drops back in.

DUifUzYl.jpg

NjINyaOl.jpg

Good choice on the Deavers. I haven't really gotten to take mine out yet to use them, but man do they ride better on the street.

I've never noticed main leafs to be wrapped around the bushing so that the are over the eye. That seems like a superb design IMHO...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Got it out for a 2nd wheeling day, still missing a rear shock...

No clicking from the RCVs, got the first rock rash on the new wheels.

Starting to perform like I want, drove 3 hours there at 75 mph, air down, adjust anti rock and wheel all day. Air up, tighten antiknock and it does 75 mph for 3 hours home with no issues!

HofXI4zl.jpg

XnI4yzsl.jpg

7qH7Iofl.jpg

WefQ1O3l.jpg

AC26uIKl.jpg

Yep that’s the goal! Trailer queens are cool n all but I’m all about run what ya brung and make it back home. I’d expect nothing less with such a solid setup... then Deavers are sexy too!

Ya I’m sold on the SFR srb... quality design and stout

Looks good!

So this thread is now current ya? Those brackets are fairly new... and I know the beginning of the thread was after you finished the build looking back... right?

Added the SFR shackle boxes. I welded the side nuts to a backing plate to aid in installation as well as made a top plate for inside the cabin.

ZGTHRPWl.jpg

A7GqQxKl.jpg

Just got my stinky fab SRBs in... I've seen others with the plates included... and welding the nuts to em seems like a no brainer... I will follow your lead but for 10$ extra bucks or so it shoulda come that way IMHO

Back