• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project CRD MJ is born:

SO if you dont mind me asking whats the total price you have dish into this project... like motor and all the electronics wise?

derrickdrew17 said:
SO if you dont mind me asking whats the total price you have dish into this project... like motor and all the electronics wise?

$800 for the MJ, $700 for the engine, $200 for the ECU and APPS. $300 for the 2500 front end. $550 for the tranny, another $75 for the transfer case tomorrow and $300 for the wheels.

So right now, a little over $2900 so far. Stuff ads up quick.

dude youre goin to have one hellova good lookin MJ! i thought about restomodding my old 88 and doin her up like this but the wife and kids and military pay.........yea....

cant wait to see the finished results!

Damn you work fast... :)

Good luck on the project! looks promising! :chug:

Not quick enough.

Got me a transfer case out of a 98 today, paid $100 also got the wheel skid plate, and power seat pedistal for a grand total of $130. Not too shabby, I should told him it was out of a 94 and then it would have been $75.

Lotsa junk in my garage:
MJ77.jpg

All bolted together:
MJ78.jpg

MJ79.jpg

MJ80.jpg

MJ81.jpg

MJ82.jpg

MJ83.jpg

Slave mocked up:
MJ84.jpg

MJ85.jpg

A limited lace wheel and transfer skid:
MJ86.jpg

zluster, you not gonna clean up the tcase and tranny at all? I seen better work out of you before. Looks great, I am about to get an MJ myself and have been contemplating a diesel swap.

wolfpackjeeper said:
zluster, you not gonna clean up the tcase and tranny at all? I seen better work out of you before. Looks great, I am about to get an MJ myself and have been contemplating a diesel swap.

I actually spent quite a bit of time scrubbing away this evening, I might work on it more, but most of whats left is oxidation stuff on there.

Mr_Random said:
How's this thing looking for ya now? Kinda bringing this back from the dead for my own curiosity...

Hope you've made some good progress!

Time has been my killer, got the funds, just time killing me right now.

bringing this back up...
Got any sheetmetal yet?

Nothing new in that I think I killed the 4 angry squirrels thats currently in there.

Oh well, its not like it was really worth anything anyway.

I've been working on a 2000 XJ for a flip, looks like I have it sold, so I should be able to move on and start on the MJ again.

I am hoping this weekend I will be able to pull the front end out of the 01 parts jeep, and get it under the MJ.

Then I gotta pull the engine/trans/xfer case out of the parts jeep and the roll it into the backyard, once thats out of the way I can pull the MJ into the garage and start stripping the interior out.

Always more work to be done!

Back