• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Certifiably...

Anak

Stranger
NAXJA Member
nuttier than squirrel poo.

I can say that with certainty.

Last year the squirrels took all the walnuts. I was spending so much time traveling I wasn't able to do much about it. I decided to let things play out and see what would be left for me. Well, nothing.

So this year I decided to return the favor. The squirrels got jack, and I took the walnuts:

NUTS2OPT.jpg

There is over 120lbs there. I still have more to husk. It will clear 130 for this year's harvest.

Next step is figuring out the best way to shell them.

:looney:

They seem to have all gone and joined the choir invisible.

My problem is that the squirrels eat the fruit before it is ripe. They eat the apples, peaches, tangelos, pomegranates, and strawberries before we get a single one. The lime, orange, and persimmon tree all produce enough that we do get some fruit. The rats and birds take all the grapes. I am not sure what ate the jalapenos and tomatoes. Nothing is eating the onions, so I have those and the limes for salsa.

stupid rodents.

A trap is in the future. I figure that will be the ticket during the winter when there is nothing to eat.

The damaging of the fruit before its time is one of my many reasons for hating rodents. They just waste things.

Back