• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCal Picnic in Fiesta Island

WraithKWK

NAXJA Forum User
Has this happened for 2012 yet?

I tried searching for it but only found the last 3 years. Anyone know if its happening this year.

Sorry, Been a crazy month

lol

i'm sure it doesnt help that it has never been posted anywhere.

I'll be there

Re: SoCal Picnic in Fiesta Island 8/25/2012

Yep, August 25th. It's been mentioned on SoCalXJ's site a few times, but usually buried in some other post. As the date gets closer, I will post up a Potluck link on both SoCalXJ and NAXJA, so folks can sign up to share stuff.

It's always a blast. Folks come down from all over for it =).

Only thing that sucks for me this year is that there's a Big Hair Band reunion in PB with old classmates of mine that night. I don't think I can handle a night of metal after a day of sand & water... but you never know!!

Carol if you can handle the wife and I on a Saturday an still offroad on Sunday, YOU can DO IT.;)

Wait, was there a threesome I was involved in that I didn't know about? :eyes: :eek: LOL.

We shall see how energetic I feel after baking in the SD sun from 6am till sundown...

Wait, was there a threesome I was involved in that I didn't know about? :eyes: :eek: LOL. ( when are you not involved in them?!?!?!?! )

We shall see how energetic I feel after getting baked in the SD sun from 6am till sundown...
Fixed and answered for ya Carol....

By the way, i will try to be there

OMG.You call that baking.LMFAO.Come out here, then we'll talk.Make sure it is a good day, you know over 115.lol

We're going to try to make it this year.

What Carol said, Saturday August 25th. Mark your calendars.

It's that time again. Come one, come all. It's time for the SoCalXJ Fiesta Island BBQ Picnic Potluck Swapmeet Show'n'shine Hootenanny Cavalcade!

TIME:
Morning until whenever. Typically sunrise to just before sunset. Official beach hours are 6am-10pm.

(Optional) Potluck signup sheet:
To come from Carol.

Map, click on the blue pin, and get directions to:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213636899238715041971.00048d2fe378839f15a18&msa=0

This is the 10th year in a row we drive are XJs to the beach during the summer time for some good food, and water play (Jet ski's boats kayaks sandcastles, fire pits, etc). Bring some food for yourself, and some to share if you like. We can use some tables if you have them.

Feel free to drive your daily drivers, RVs, tow rigs, Tjs, whatever, if that's all you have, driving/owning an XJ is not required, it's just encouraged. You don't have to be a member of [URL="http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/socalxj/]SoCalXJ.com Yahoo Group[/URL] either.

Info on Fiesta Island (Map/Rules/Regs of the location,etc)
http://www.sandiego.gov/park-and-recreation/parks/missionbay/fiestaisland.shtml

No camping on the beach, closes at 10, no alcohol, no glass containers.

Last edited:
Back