• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sway bar bracket bolt size?

hubs97xj

NAXJA Forum User
What size are the bolts that secure the front sway bar brackets to the unibody? I need to grab some hardware in the morning for a couple of Jeep projects, but all I've come up with is the part number- 3420 1540. I think it's M12, but I don't know the thread size, or even if it's M12. I've searched, googled, and checked a parts catalog, but I haven't found anything to confirm the size/thread. Can someone help me out here?

Thanks,
Chris

Don't want to tear it down in the driveway at the moment (since I have to drive it to get parts), but it looks like M10x1.5 thread, which seems to be pretty common on the heeps. Surprised that I didn't find it in the many sway bar/drop bracket/stock skid threads.

Don't want to tear it down in the driveway at the moment (since I have to drive it to get parts), but it looks like M10x1.5 thread, which seems to be pretty common on the heeps. Surprised that I didn't find it in the many sway bar/drop bracket/stock skid threads.

I've had some success when trying to locate bolt/nut sizes by checking out aftermarket manufacturers websites. Look in the installation instructions--if posted online--they usually have a parts list with hardware details.

Back