• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The alien blog

frontman

NAXJA Forum User
Figured i would start a blog like everyone else. I started my new axle install today. I got the new old d30 in. The new 30 has 4.56 gears, cromo shafts lockrite locker. Tera flex knuckles, and i installed the teraflex steering. the d30 came out of a 90, its way more stout than the 30 i had in from my 91. Next will be my brand new d44, it has 4.56 cromo shafts and a detroit. Also has the disk brake conversion, and a teraflex diff cover. I ran into a problem with the d.s being too long. it is amazing to me how the person that had this before me was able to get it on the d35 i am replacing. it was in sooo tight. tomorrow i will be removing the shock mounts and shortening them, welding em back in, and hopefully mpounting the axle back in. I am looking for a a shaft that fit up to a 44 before as the one i have now is almost 1 in too long. but if i cant find one i am gonna have to cut this one down, and weld it back together untill i find one. good thing is my wife doesnt drive the jeep much anymore cause shes super prego, and it isnt my dd. i will post up pics later when im all done.

some pics to get everyone started. They are final pics as i was too busy to take photos. My buddy dave from BCS Fabrication helped me with the install, it was my first axle swap. He welded the Alum D.S for me I have never welded alum before. turned out great and when i feel like getting under the jeep to get pics i will post them.

jeep2.jpg

jeep3.jpg

jeep4.jpg

jeep1.jpg

Havent done a bunch lately but figured i would share what i have done. I replaced my old broke ass radiator after like a year of filling it every time i drove it to a CFS 3 row. I have run into a minor issue with the upgrade, sounds funky but jeep runs way too cool now. I might be getting 150*. So i thought mabey a stuck open stat but i changed it (and heater valve due to it breaking while removing hoses) and no luck. I was talking to some mechanics and all they could come up with is the clutch on the motor fan is stuck and spins all the time. I am not a mechanic but does this sound strange to anyone? isnt the motor fan supposed to spin all the time via the clutch on the fan? oh well. Let me add I removed the A/C condenser too since I dont use A/C. So I think what im gonna do untill summer is install a perferated piece of sheet metal to restrict air flow. Yesterday I replaced my front shocks with some used 4" pro comps. My old ass RE's were toast. I have to do the rears now. The ride has improved dramaticly. I Took some pics driving over my little cousins yota (some of you guys have met him. I will post em up in a few.

driving on yota
goofin3.jpg

goofin2.jpg

goofin1.jpg

I have forgotten all about my new trailor. I helped my buddy dave (BCS Fabrication) and Rasty1 with this build. They purchased all the material and did most of the build. I primed it and then it was given to me for $0.00 (What?). It has a custom swivel 360* side to side and 180* up and down hitch connection. I need to do some modifing on the hitch but it works well. It is sitting on 35 pro comp muds with M/T wheels. I will get more pics later> i ran the lights and now just need to get the converter for the brake lights before I go register it. anyways here is a pic.

jeeptrailer.jpg

Last edited:
Nice trailer!! As far as the Rad issue, you should here the fan pretty easily if the clutch is engaged fully when stepping on the skinny pedal. Also check your Temp guage. it may be jacked up too. Good Luck

Nice trailer!! As far as the Rad issue, you should here the fan pretty easily if the clutch is engaged fully when stepping on the skinny pedal. Also check your Temp guage. it may be jacked up too. Good Luck

thanx for the advise. while i am sure it is possible for the gauge to go bad after a new install it worked 2 hrs before I did the swap. I am going to use a temp gun and dbl check the temp that way. otherwise we will just see how it goes.

Ok so I haven't updated this very much so I will include all the new stuff I have done over the last several months. I failed smog twice a couple of months ago and $850.00 later I got it to pass with 0 nox and super low everything else. I sea foamed the crap out of the motor via the brake booster line. Installed my banks header. Changed all vacume lines, installed a new vacume chamber (the one in the bumper) full tune up cap rotor wires plugs, and a new O2 sensor and cat. And then today I installed my iron rock long arm kit with new cross member. This thing is super beef and bolted right In. It moved my front axl forward about 2" which has helped my steering a bunch. Blond John hooked this upgrade up thank dude. All I have left to do now is longer brake lines, motor mounts, rear shocks, and then sye. I will post pics of long arm tomorrow. It's awesome.

dude that IRO 3 link looks sick. we knocked that thing out quick.

Who makes that swaybar mount? Thats exactly what I need!

Looks like a killer rig, and I love that trailer!
Looks like a custom mount, but I believe jks makes an extended one that is similar.

I dont use sway bars. It was on the axle when I bought it. If I can figure out a way to get them off without butchering them up you can have them. Otherwise I will talk to the PO and find out for you.

So I went To P.C. yesterday to try out the new IRO 3 link longarms, and they are awesome. Only issue now is that I need longer brake lines. Only thing holding my axle up in this pic is the brake line (Ouch) good thing is it didnt break. Also after goofin off out there I have decided to go with a 5.5 or 6 in lift and 35's. I like my setup now but I can clearly see my limitations. Also my start saving for an atlas or similar 4:1. Dont know. Start a new job here in a couple weeks with lots o money comin in. Wife wants her 68 mustang going but Im thinkin that may wait a bit. IDK but they usually get what they want in the end. :doh:

longarmtest.jpg

Back