• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

That looks like something Nate should be doing!

New owner of the old samset mobile

22f6df3d19a758c096061cd7a8e6e511.jpg
This is awesome. You got a hell of a jeep for the price. I’m excited to see it again at wf.

1st thing is do if I were you is weld those drop bracket. At the time, I didn’t know how to weld and just ran bolts and they were always getting loose.

I'm glad you bought it before I did...

mac 'nice grab' gyvr

X2. I have no where near enough cash of hand at the moment and I was close. I even contacted him and tried to trade the TJ straight up for it

The snow just keeps coming!
I bet I've shoveled 10 inches so far.

Won't be telling the wife that though...

So glad that storm missed us, my back still hurts from earlier in the weeks snow. They say we should get 3-5 Tomorrow but I hope it stays South

I saw a guy who was plowed driving a plow at the end of my shift last night...well this morning.

mac ‘tax time now’ gyvr

LOL
The town where I grew up had a subdivision called Palos Pines.
One of my buddies lived near the entrance and repeatedly switched the i and the e, until they put up a painted sign.

Before:

During:

After:

Not much visible change, but oh what a difference in drivability. Loving my 4:56 gears.

Big thanks to MacGyver and Grace for the garage time, beers and a place to sleep off beers. Hope I didn't leave too much of a mess.

Thanks also to Seth Barrand for setting up the gears and putting up with my drunk azz.

Drinks on me next time.

Did he get you the gear sets or you just pay him to set them up? I’d consider this just to save some time

I bought gear sets from http://rwkhaussupply.com/ and paid him to set em up. He works for the dana factory and knows his chit. He does the work at Magyvers. I have about 1k in the entire job and I know it was done right. Win Win in my opinion.

To be more specific, this is the set I ordered: http://rwkhaussupply.com/usa-standard-xj-gear-package-special.html It had everything needed, other than the gear for the transfer to make the speedo correct.

Last edited:
Well it's gear choice time for the 2dr thats taken way to lpng to get dug out. I have a few options, I have a XJ d44 rear with 4.88s that needs discs swapped on, a 8.25 with 4.10s and discs but welded spiders(lived under the buggy for 5 years with no issues, have siders to switch back to open if I want), both would need a front axle geared to match, or get that 4.56 combo that was linked to run them. Jeep will be 4.5" lift, 231sye, stiffners and box rockers, ether a y-link front long arm as I have 2 to choose from in the shop or drop brakets. Lift components are not an issue but it will always live on 33s and 'light' wheeled but mostly this thing is being built to be one of my last XJ builds to keep around for a long time.

So long story short. I have a XJ d44 4.88s, 8.25 4.10s both would need only front geared. Or regear ether to 4.56. What would be the better long-term choice?

Before:

During:

After:

Not much visible change, but oh what a difference in drivability. Loving my 4:56 gears.

Big thanks to MacGyver and Grace for the garage time, beers and a place to sleep off beers. Hope I didn't leave too much of a mess.

Thanks also to Seth Barrand for setting up the gears and putting up with my drunk azz.

Drinks on me next time.
Im curious what your fuel mileage is like with those. I was getting 17mpg on the highway with 4.10s and 33 but have to keep it under 70MPH. Other than gears, our jeeps are pretty close.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Back