• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

:soapbox::flamemad:

Car diagnostic run, p1391, 99% the pcm is throwing the code for no reason.
Cam and crank sync up, scope is clean. Signal is getting to the PCM.

They suggest flashing/update it at the dealer maybe before looking for replacement.

Not sure I would be much help, I have a DRBIII but I don't think the flash will nessesarily help, and it will be a pita to get my DRBIII setup to reflash it. Need a login to download the latest firmware, a supercard, and then do something I haven't done before.

I had pretty good experence in the past with these folks for reflashing for things like SKIM delete, and such, they might be able to flash and remove that code from the diagnostic list, so it wont set and wont set a CEL. I've done similar things before when I've had "problems" with EGR codes.

Not sure I would be much help, I have a DRBIII but I don't think the flash will nessesarily help, and it will be a pita to get my DRBIII setup to reflash it. Need a login to download the latest firmware, a supercard, and then do something I haven't done before.

I had pretty good experence in the past with these folks for reflashing for things like SKIM delete, and such, they might be able to flash and remove that code from the diagnostic list, so it wont set and wont set a CEL. I've done similar things before when I've had "problems" with EGR codes.

Who are These folks?

I don't mind the getting rid of the code part, what I'm really worried about is if this is truly the issue, I need a healthy pcm.

Those of you that have relocated battery to the back, did you run a ground all the way to the front? Or just ground to the chassis? For most things a chassis ground would be fine, my only concern would be the winch. Trying to get stuff rounded up for this. Was planning on 2/0 cable with battery disconnect on positive side, just because, and then an isolated stud up front to branch circuits off of.

Those of you that have relocated battery to the back, did you run a ground all the way to the front? Or just ground to the chassis? For most things a chassis ground would be fine, my only concern would be the winch. Trying to get stuff rounded up for this. Was planning on 2/0 cable with battery disconnect on positive side, just because, and then an isolated stud up front to branch circuits off of.

I ran mine up to a distribution bar up front, and tied it into the chassis right near it (using one of the bolts that hold the battery box in).

Needed, not exactly, but wanted to be 100% sure grounds were good.

What the he'll did you do that you can't fit a battery up front I have I just mounted a single tray ballistic battery box along side my strut tower and mounted the pdc along side between battery and fan blower motor hole I was going to mount it between the tower and header in basically stock location but felt it too close to the mechanical fan ... but like said just mount a bar up front run the battery to that and tie your pdc, winch , starter off that .

Started it up today after not running it since I parked it in the lot Janurary of 2018...after putting 5 gallons in the tank fired right up . I needed to run it to cycle the steering and flush it ...lol... luckily I have the cheap stuff in for my flushing as I realized I have my ports backwards...left steers right and Right steers left....lol... I'd love to leave that set up for a thief .

I also had to squeeze a cutoff wheel inbtween the steering shaft and new motor mount frame side foot as it's so much fatter than the daystar mount it hits the steering shafts every rotation...sweet thing is the new pump set up had the pressure on tap to rip right through it where as that kind of resistence with the old pump it would have just run out of pressure and spun the wheel this pump doesn't run out of pressure ;-)... which means I will actually be able to steer from a dead stop where as I had to be moving on the janky stock pump .

Last edited:

What the he'll did you do that you can't fit a battery up front I have I just mounted a single tray ballistic battery box along side my strut tower and mounted the pdc along side between battery and fan blower motor hole I was going to mount it between the tower and header in basically stock location but felt it too close to the mechanical fan ... but like said just mount a bar up front run the battery to that and tie your pdc, winch , starter off that .

For me, there wasn't enough room. Even then, rear mounted helps with distributing the weight as much as possible.

A few years ago I was discussing running winch cables to the rear with Tom Houston. He said to run a ground cable, because the chassis ground is less reliable. I'll listen to the electrical engineer on this one.

For me, there wasn't enough room. Even then, rear mounted helps with distributing the weight as much as possible.

I understand your reason there isn't any room , but a nearly full fender xj without big dove nose should fit. Last time I weighed my XJ there was only a 50lb difference between front and rear axle weights .

I understand your reason there isn't any room , but a nearly full fender xj without big dove nose should fit. Last time I weighed my XJ there was only a 50lb difference between front and rear axle weights .

Yea it's not gonna fit up front. I got plenty of space out back so I'm not worried.

Yea it's not gonna fit up front. I got plenty of space out back so I'm not worried.

I got lazy so I put the battery up front where all I needed to do was mount the new tray ... I will run the other Two yellow tops to the back if I put the amps and subs in the xj I have sitting , but I'm having reservations about that much useless audio equipment in a trail rig as the total weight of the two 15s , box, batteries, amps , and mounting about 400lbs ... lol... the audio equipment was an impulse buy ;-)

not sure if Liberty 8.25 axles are the same length is X J's but I'm pretty sure I just left two 29 splines on the ground at Anderson's Salvage.

The e-brake cables don't seem like they would fit an XJ. they go into the back seat of a liberty so I didn't pull them but sway short looking. Somebody already had taken the rotors and all the wheel studs, seems kind of weird.

not sure if Liberty 8.25 axles are the same length is X J's but I'm pretty sure I just left two 29 splines on the ground at Anderson's Salvage.

The e-brake cables don't seem like they would fit an XJ. they go into the back seat of a liberty so I didn't pull them but sway short looking. Somebody already had taken the rotors and all the wheel studs, seems kind of weird.

They are. On the 8.25 I have with KJ discs I got a modified ebrake cable to make it work. I bought it that way and can't remember what it's from. Only difference in the KJ vs XJ is the mounting brackets. Obviously a XJ is bolt up KJ you need to remove all the junk and then weld on perches.

I need my woobie.

Back