• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2N49 workday Sunday April 7

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
This will be the first work day on our newly adopted trail!

The highest priority is to clear the downed tree that is blocking the road and restoring the "bypass"

We will meet at 9am at the trailhead at the end of Palm Avenue. We will have a short tailgate meeting to discuss the planned work and safety issues. Please be on time!

Because there will be a chainsaw in use the following PPE will be required, hard hat, eye protection, hearing protection, long sleeve shirt, work gloves, long pants, sturdy shoes/boots.

The chapter can provide hard hat, gloves and eye and ear protection.

Let's make a good showing and help keep our Forest roads open!

So if I show up in shorts, a tank top, and flip flops I can just be eye candy and not do any real work? LOL...

I'll be there, somehow, some way, barring something disastrous.

Karen's busy & using her Jeep that day (so I can't steal hers!). So I'm going to try to decipher the charging issue on my Jeep this week. If not, I'll show up in a car somewhere, and hitch a ride with someone.

Carol if you need a ride on the trail lmk and I will make sure to keep a seat open for you.

I'd really like to help out with this but I don't know if I can find someone to watch the kids. I'd normally just bring them along like last time but I don't know if its the best idea with a chainsaw in use. I'll keep you posted.

Ill try to make it, but with moving, Coachella, and SCF this month, I have been busier than a one legged man in an A** kicking contest

Planning on coming. Sunday works great for me. I just need to install my new steering box and double sheering track-bar, already got the old ones out.

Lunch will be on me. I'll bring the BBQ and burgers and hot dogs.

So I need a good idea how many people to feed.

Sorry, but I am officially out. Drove my jeep today for the first time since the last work day and discovered my torque convertor has imploded. Sounds like I have rocks in there. Its been giving me issues for awhile so I knew it would be coming out eventually. Just need to get it done by SCF. Hopefully next time.

I'm in, probably dragging someone along...

I wish I could make this... I REALLY wish I could make this!

But my wife has a home business making dog clothes and decided to host a party on Sunday for a Yorkie club....

She decided for me that I will be BBQing burgers for everyone....:clap:

Soooooo, I get to host over 30 crazy dog ladies and about 40 yapping friggin' barking rats that will be running around pissing on everything in my back yard.

Friggin' four legged toilet bowl brushes is what they are....

Sorry.

(Carol, I got your text. Thanks.)

I wish I could make it, moving large items is fun stuff. But my '96 needs a front transmission pump seal and the Vic ran out of gear oil. Plus the wife would be a bit unhappy if I ran out on her the weekend directly after I left for four days. :twak:

Please bring loppers if you have them.

NOW you tell me...

LOL -- My Jeep's in San Diego, as are my loppers, and I'm not in San Diego...

Sorry i couldn't make it Sunday. I got in a bad accident with my Jeep, rolled it a few times off a hill. Important thing is i'm still standing.
Need a new XJ now, back to the drawing board.

Sorry i couldn't make it Sunday. I got in a bad accident with my Jeep, rolled it a few times off a hill. Important thing is i'm still standing.
Need a new XJ now, back to the drawing board.

Ouch, glad you are OK.

Back