• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake booster upgrade question

loki_racer

NAXJA Forum User
I ordered the Crown Automotive DDBXJ1 from user AOR back in Novemeber. I just now got to installing it and seem to have run in to a problem. It isn't even remotely the same shape as the stock booster.

Because of this, the booster doesn't sit flush against the firewall because it doesn't fit.

I looked at a couple other tutorials and nobody seems to mention this being an issue. Should I just bend that firewall piece out of the way? Grind it off?

It doesn't look like 4 Wheel Drive magazine had the same issue, but it's hard to tell what they did.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I've been without a Jeep, or really a car, for a couple months now.

Does this booster work with the old style cast iron master cylinder or the newer style aluminum MC?

I might want one of those for my 94.

xjtrailrider, I bought the booster and cylinder as a single unit, so I don't know if you can mix and match.

Okay, thanks! I will look into it. That plastic tube behind the booster has to be re-routed with the 96 booster swap as well or the booster will not fit snug against the firewall.

Back