• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where are you network guys. I need Help!!!!!!

FlexdXJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Hey guys I'm trying to get my cousins laptop connected to his network but the damn thing won't connect. I have entered the pass phrase correctly as I am the one who set up the network. I got the desktop, 2 Xbox 360's and the PS 3 going with little effort but i can't for the life of me get this damn thing to work. Also, answers need to be in english! :D

Is the laptop set to use the correctly named workgroup? I'm assuming since you say you put in the pass phrase that it can see the wireless network. Check in the services to make sure that the wireless zero configuration service is running as well.

IT got figured out. It needed a MAC address. Its been a while since i set up his wireless so it slipped my mind.

You might as well just turn off mac filtering it's even easier then WEP to break :)

Back