• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What anti lock brake system is used on a 1992 Cherokee? Is it the same system used on

Get rid of it. Swap in a late model dual diaphram booster/MC

Hi, saw this thread and wanted to do the swap also as my ABS system went out while driving back in October. So my question is, are 95/96 the only years with dual diaphragm booster, or can I search a later year also up to 97? What parts will I need to scavenge from the donor vehicle. Booster, master cylinder, pro portioning valve, and all the lines to all four wheels? Thanks for the links. Also if you could point me to a how-to or write up about this would be great. Thing is I have to borrow a friends garage and hope to do this job as quickly as possible.

By the way, I drive a 1990 cherokee limited with bendix 9 ABS.

Hi, saw this thread and wanted to do the swap also as my ABS system went out while driving back in October. So my question is, are 95/96 the only years with dual diaphragm booster, or can I search a later year also up to 97? What parts will I need to scavenge from the donor vehicle. Booster, master cylinder, pro portioning valve, and all the lines to all four wheels? Thanks for the links. Also if you could point me to a how-to or write up about this would be great. Thing is I have to borrow a friends garage and hope to do this job as quickly as possible.

By the way, I drive a 1990 cherokee limited with bendix 9 ABS.

95 was the first year of the DD booster, IIRC. Later model, WJ, etc. can be used.

Back