• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil Changed

Silent

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so I changed my oil and filter over to Mobil 1. Just curious, this is the first time I have used a syn, what are the normal oil pressures I need to look for. Never really knew them. I just know mine is always inbetween 2nd and 4th marks on my gauge. 95 XJ btw.

Silent

On another note as far as oils go, what tranny fluids, diff, and xfer case. Also grease for multipoints insp.

Silent

Silent said:
On another note as far as oils go, what tranny fluids, diff, and xfer case. Also grease for multipoints insp.

Silent

I use Mopar Syn Diff fluid, Mobil 1 grease for Mopars, QState Tranny and same in xfer. Add 1 tube of LSD fluid to each diff and to the xfer. Never had any probs with any of them.

Uh...... why would you add friction modifier to a tcase? Wait..... do you have a 242? I doubt it'd do much good in a 231.

The Factory Manual is great. It does cost more than 100 bucks but mine is year model specific. I think the one i had for my 90XJ also covered MJs but it is very detailed. I'm planning to get one for my wife's Camaro. Don't know about downloading it. I like having the paper version personally. It's easier to flip through.

Urban Redneck said:
I use Mopar Syn Diff fluid, Mobil 1 grease for Mopars, QState Tranny and same in xfer. Add 1 tube of LSD fluid to each diff and to the xfer. Never had any probs with any of them.

Mobil-1 grease for Mopars ??? thats a new one, more detail please...

Ok, some info I got while I was at lunch. Went to dealership, they want $53.75 for Mopar performance wire (that are 7.5mm) I thought they should be bigger. Anyhow, I was watching my oil pressure. This is what I got:
Temp: 210*-212*
Hot Idle - Oil pressure at 25-30 psi
Hot 1500 RPM - 50 psi

Any info that may help?

Silent

Ok, did a search. I put in my yr,model,make. And could not find any magnecores for my xj. Any ideas, or particular part numbers.

Silent

Yucca-Man said:
As far as books go - the FSM is the Bible, and it's available on CD-ROM. www.techauthority.com
got any that go ALL-THE-WAY back to 1992? i didnt think that 92 was old enough to stop carrying books....

Still cannot find magenecore plug wires for jeep. Everyplace I have been, they do not make them. Any ideas on another brand, or part number for them.

Silent

Just go buy 20ft of the fattest cable you want, boots, clips, etc and make them yourself. Or just get the mopar HP wires and be done with it. They fit, are precut for the application, a bit less $$ than the oem ones.

Back