• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Unicorn - a light duty trail rig

Been a little behind on updates. Built a bumper. Well drank beer, while Dallas built one.

Like all things StinkyFab, this bumper is a well thought-out design and a great finished product. Love the ease of assembly and fitment. :thumbup:

Well ,I want more info on the relocation brackets. Anything new ? nothing on their site.

I'm pretty impressed. Particularly in light of the fact Dallas is out on the boat right now. :)

I'm pretty impressed. Particularly in light of the fact Dallas is out on the boat right now. :)

Well,I,ve got a tracking # from the USPS and expected delivery is 7/6...Hope it holds true.

Oh if he printed tracking, it shipped. It just means he squeezed it out before leaving for the water.

Parts showed up this morning. 2 days from Cali to Va, Thats fast service.

I was in such a hurry that I didnt even ask for the NAXJA discount:doh:

Yes it would have been good to wait and use that + the 4th of July sale. ;)

Yes it would have been good to wait and use that + the 4th of July sale. ;)

I saw the sale price and jumped on it, Not the sharpest crayon in the box ,,,sometimes.

Cal, when doing the radio install, were you able to take the retaining clips off of your old trim bezel for use on the new bezel without breaking any of the plastic on the old bezel? If so, how’d you do it? I’d like to keep my old bezel intact if at all possible, but I can’t immediately see how to get the clips off without snapping the tabs that they attach to, or at least breaking the tiny plastic nubs that lock the retainers into place.

fda40142938096b5e99f005c5d1d4829.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I used a little pick and a pair of needle nose.

Then a few days later I realized I can never reinstall a 1 din so I threw the old bezel away anyway

I thought of using a little pick. HF has a coupon right now for a set of four picks for 99 cents, so that’s on today’s shopping list.

I don’t want to destroy that old bezel because it’ll be of value to someone. It’s got a fancy fake wood grain finish.

are you back to a high zoot stroker?

Project #19 on my priority list is to build a stroker for my '92 Comanche daily driver, and every time I read this thread, I get a little excited about that project again...

A few hours later, it drops back in priority, as the factory 300k mile motor with horrible wrist pin or piston slap noises just keeps running and getting me to work...

are you back to a high zoot stroker?

Project #19 on my priority list is to build a stroker for my '92 Comanche daily driver, and every time I read this thread, I get a little excited about that project again...

A few hours later, it drops back in priority, as the factory 300k mile motor with horrible wrist pin or piston slap noises just keeps running and getting me to work...

We will be ready for stroker engines at the same time and have Russ put together a three pack - smoggable Renix, street HO, and green sticker HO. :roflmao:

Went down to SFR to check out Dallas's new cold cut saw, which produces what can only be called Pain Glitter (tm).

20210101_143159-me.jpg

Warning. Sharp glitter is sharp!

20210101_164509-me.jpg

Might as well pull this out while I'm here. Remember this? I barely do.

20210101_144411-me.jpg

Back