• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AGR or PSC or .........

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
I redid the steering today(Currie Correct-link) only to find out my box has slop in it. Now the question is finding a good one, I would prefer something "new" as to a rebuild. As for what's good available out there ????

Power steering solutions in Hesperia CA, Charlie is good dude and does shit right! I have his box on my rig with a Howe pump I had sitting around otherwise I would of had his pump too. You can't wrong with Howe either....

I would try adjusting the one you have unless you want to drop money. The parts stores boxes are definitely not what you want.

Last edited:
The wear is in the sector gear which I believe there is no adjustment for that!
I'm looking at all the boxes and there seems to be some confusion on spline counts?

No body has a box that compares to PSC big bore box. Its the only new box, other than a OE unused box. All others are rebuilds....

I have tried a bunch of things over the years.

At this point I will only buy PSC.

I know there are some other even higher end options that Cracker is a big fan of, but they are even more expensive.

I'm leaning towards the PSC, I need to get it fixed. I've been having hints of DW and I also noticed that my LF shock died and I'm currently running without a steering damper also!

No complaints here with my PSC stuff, I do not have their box, but everything else I have from them works great.

I love my PSC big bore box, well worth the money. I had terrible experiences with AGR and would never recommend them.

For stock rebuilds I love using redhead for that

I'm running a std bore PSC xj box which is a slight upgrade along with a PSC hydro assist ram. Love both. I'll never wheel in the rocks without assist again.

PSC. all day every day.
My PSC big bore box and pump have at least 120,000 miles of use on them and the box is still tight.
Worth every expensive penny, especially if you plan on keeping your XJ for a long time.

Last night I ordered the PSC big bore box, a PSC steering damper mount, 2 new shocks, and a dvd of "Dutch"!

Can't happen, I bought a set of chrome plated "anti death wobble" lug nuts !!!

Can't happen, I bought a set of chrome plated "anti death wobble" lug nuts !!!

Most JK owners find that the Rough Country double steering dampener kit is the best fix for death wobble.

Back