• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

keeping water out of y-link adjustment sleeves.

JasonArgonauts

NAXJA Forum User
Hi Everyone.

I’m wondering about how to keep water from collecting in the draglink and tie rod bar adjustment sleeves (ZJ tie rod bar). Both adjustment sleeves have their slotted sides pointing upward where they are collecting water and crud, and rusting up.

I’m thinking about using plasticine or plumber’s putty to fill the hollow space in order to keep water out.

Anyone else have an idea?

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I crawl under mine and squirt a little motorcycle chain lube in places like that. Helps keep the crud from sticking and inhibits rust. While I'm down there I put a finger full of grease around all of the brake line fittings. Your not going to stop the rust but you can slow it down.
Motorcycle chain lube is good for many things, it has a high adhesion, is water-resistant, and has rust inhibitors. Chain lube works better than grease in many places, it is rubber friendly, penetrates well,´and lasts a long time. I have a single spray can of Moly chain lube I've been using for years.

I have never worried about that, if you think it is necessary you can spray them with a rust inhibitor similar to FluidFilm or LPS, or pack them with grease.

thanks for the replies. I think I’ll keep soaking them down with rust spray when I can for now. see how it goes. thank you.

551445315d2c075ce985d850f83c3212.jpg

I soaked it down with rust check spray and sealed the opening with plumber’s putty.

Back