• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Official 'Who's Serious' Thread.

ECKSJAY

Water is dirty
Well, since we need a count to make this all official and finalized (to send the Chapter application in...this forum is just preliminary stuff) why doesn't everyone post here as a show of who is interested. They tell me that the updated Chapter rules are coming out within the next couple of weeks.

I ask that you guys post once in this thread and just say whether you a) do want to be a part and b) whether you are already a NAXJA member, membership is pending, or if you plan on joining.

Of course you know *I* am interested!
My Membership is pending. :D

Of course, I am interested. :)

.....But we all knew that. :)

a) Yes

b) Yes, am a Member

Glenn

I'm Serious

My membership is pending, sent in over the weekend, so count me in.

Ben

'91 Laredo (no a/c), 4" Trailmaster w/ 31" T/As; Tru-Tracs front and rear; Warn x8000i on an Olympic bumper; Olympic dual tube rock rails; skid plates; custom paint just below the new "custom" 1/4 panel dent; JKS disconnects.

hell ya Im in...just got to join and figure out how to join....

Tim:anon:

Phil you know I am serious.
I have been known to drive long ways to strangers houses to start a club.

pnwxj are you my alterego?

Hans

Hell Yeah I am interested... especially since I just got a job and will have money again to finish building my Jeep. Been a year and a half since I worked, I think I forgot how.

P.S. I am a member allready

I'm definantly interested. Am not a member yet, but would like to be. Don't know how active I would be being on the dry side of the state, but wouldn't mind heading west once and a while.

Bryan.

I'm in, I sent my membership stuff in awhile ago and I hope to have the paperwork stuff here this week. Look forward to being part of NAXJA.

Chris O.

Yes, interested, and already a member.

I was wondering when you bunch of Yahoos (pun intended) would migrate this way. I like the PNWXJ list at Yahoo, for the long list of members you've gotten, and your family like camaraderie, but can't stand the Yahoo style forum, so didn't frequent there often. Welcome to NAXJA.

Steve

You can count me in. I am very interested and am already a member. I can not wait to do some wheeling with other xj's.

Michael

Interested, YES! NAXJA member? Yes and no. My membership expired..., but I am going to rectify that soon.

Hi Northwest guys & gals...

From counting heads here in this thread, it looks like IF everyone here who posted joins up, you have enough to get getting official. It seems that y'all have large majority of folks from WA and OR...I realize we (NAXJA) are underrepresented from the interior NW states as well as BC...don't be afraid to invite folks from the hinterlands :)

Once you have 14 interested NAXJA members, really all the NAXJA BOD needs is an application and a basic roster (name, member #, email addy is fine) of the chapter members. I really don't need one personally, but mail a hardcopy to Skorpyo/Tim at the club POB and also an emailed version to [email protected]

Of course, prior to submitting, y'all have to elect a BOD from within your ranks (and add their contact info on the roster)

Some tips for Chapter BOD selection and overall Chapter operations:

*Really all ya need is a Pres, VP, and Recorder/Treasurer...some chapters have the Rec and Tres seperate, some don't :dunno:

*Consider nominating folks who have some prior leadership experience, and/or time in NAXJA. While it isn't mandatory, it may help, at least for the incubation period and the first year.

*Be mindful of the NAXJA mission...we pretty much let the chapters do their own thing, but it seems that the 4x4 nuts seems to surface twds the top. Remember that we try to accomodate everyone from the hardcore 4 wheelers to the moms & pops who barely get into 4 hi.

*MOST IMPORTANTLY! Have fun :) This club is (supposed to be) all about fun. The chapters came about to fill a need for local/regional (fun) things to do, and a chance to meet & interact with close-by folks you yak at on the boards. Sometimes it takes work (overt & behind the scenes) to keep the fun going on... don't be afraid to volunteer to help out even if you may not be interested in a BOD position. The more people you have interested, the easier it'll be to get little things done...(teamwork)

Thanks for showing interest in forming a NAXJA Chapter, and don't hesitate to ask me or any of the other BOD/Chapter BODs for advice, pointers, etc... with 5 other chapters, there is probably 5 different ways things are getting done. Some are probably better than others at it, but that's for y'all to sort out amongst yourselves :)

Thanks Woody for the input.

Sounds to me like we need to get one of these meetings together with at least 15-20 people minimum.

I have offered a Community Center that I have access to (Marysville, WA(30min north of Seattle)) but I am open for anything. I just want to do what I can to help get this thing started!!

I was thinking in middle of September (on a saturday afternoon). I think we need to find a date and get a turn out to get going.

Other thoughts,
Michael

That may be a little to far of a drive for anyone coming form Oregon (if there is any). We should probably get a count of people who are going to attend and centrally locate the meeting. Just a thought, I am pretty easy (wherever you guys would like). I could find somewhere in Longview to hold a meeting as well.

I got the impression that the vast majority were from around the seattle area, there are are several from Or, ID, eastern WA but the bulk are from the Seattle area. If it would be more convenient for those folks we could try something like Ellensberg or spokane also (I like longview but it only helps the Or folks and not eastern WA or ID and it is a little more difficult to get to from the East), my main concern is getting enought people to attend and if the bulk of the people are coming from seattle, then getting as many to attend too far from there might be more difficult.

I am up for anything, I just want to see this thing start to gain some speed and meet each other so that we can get the ball rolling sooner rather than latter.

Michael

Back