• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My jeep build with photos over the last few years.

I have a complete 10bolt with flat top knuckle I machined myself yes correctly I've known it at least think I know that dana30 and 44/10blt share C's
Is it worth toying with the idea of running the flat top knuckes to gain locking hubs.

Running 8lug wheels on the front for me wouldn't be a deal breaker. I could run cheap 17x8 dodge wheels with 2.5" wide spacers on the rear to go 8lug on the 8.25 axle.

By measuring the dana 30 will get roughly 6" wider overall with the d44 flat top knuckles with everything Chevy outside the knuckle.

3" does put me flying crap outside my fenders alittle bit.

I'm just thinking outloud probly wont do it because I'm broke and would have to source inner axle shafts and who knows what else ounce I actually made the decision to attempt it.
d33630bf9b0e7d38a59f5e46fa1597a4.jpg
d27e96fb27efe55cac43f95f761713c4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’m not sure if all D44 and D30 C’s are the same. The C’s on my F250 D44 were quite a bit bigger. I think it has to do with Jeep Dana 30 and 44 that are the same. I could be incorrect tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I've put that thought to rest for now.

I've pulled alot of transmissions il give it to this one it hooked some how.

Guess tomorrow I'll drop the tcase of it and go from there. Freaking so simple but I being schooled pretty hard..

The pickup in the background was easy aswell as nv5600s and sm465 435s
Baby ax15 you are my master
098abb806891d83c7f4871935bf98b72.jpg

So I'm back under the jeep. And well this little bolt is kinda holding it. Yup schooled for sure
937411d1d00051a6198746bf00b3bd7f.jpg

Its just like pulling an engine. And discovering that one chassis ground strap is holding everything down.

We've all been there.

Def do the rear main while you have the pan out... Cheap and have to drop the pan to get to it- and likely to leak one day if its not now

In hindsight I see I sound like captain obvious there... but didn’t see you mention it, and who knows who references it down the line... google pulls some crazy stuff out of the air some times... so for the next guy

I actually wasn't going to do it. For Rcp shake I figured I better do it right. I dont want to get kicked out of the club ;)

So I cleaned and prepped sprayed the pan Miller welder blue. Then cleared it today. Uggggh guess I'll do it over.

Clear is eating it off
ca1a675c3e241715fb4f873220574bef.jpg

what clear did you use?

all is not lost if you let it fully cure and sand down the high spots, or you could hit it with another color from an angle, then sand it to get some neat two tone look.

Cheap stuff. Rustoleum or something maybe the blue is krylon. I guess the dont go well together.
It does seem to be hardening now

Nice and purty.

That should show the oil leaks really well. (Knowing how Jeeps work)

Ohhhyeah.
Picked up gaskets for oil filter adapter nee an gasket nd rear main. Last leak on the list is power steering box.
Sitting in the chair looking at jeep.
Thinking about ordering 4.56 gears for dana 30 nd 8.25.

Will have good tranny mise well make use of all 5 gears. I'll hve to recruit help to do gears I'm absolutely dont like asking for help

So we spent some time fishing and soaking up some sun Ray's on the river and lake this weekend. Missing have the jeep to go on trips in, but man I gota say the pickup is nice. I've pulled welder and tools out of it. Just nice

This is the snake river in Idaho one of my favorite secret fishing spots. One of those places you hope the small ones get of before you get reeled in.

Did manage to get flywheel bolted on bolts cleaned and locktighted with red. I tourqed to 90 since I decided to reuse the old ones.

I'm debating on going out right now and bolting clutch on and stuffing tranny. Kinda thinking i might bolt tcase to tranny and stuff them together. The tcase shift lever pivot point bracket bolt is a pain to get to while in there.

There may be random photo of magnaflow xl muffler in here. More on that later maybe
a9cc5f09457047b8d5b4ce74a92abdad.jpg
b78304ece12cded7264bb1263dbc45b8.jpg
9cb031c3c1601ad91148ac0dfdb9ba11.jpg
3c668de646f3d6e4a19a99ddf595adc9.jpg
e6ad98dde30e8f25b6fe276bb0b959c8.jpg

Did you pull in the bass on the river or at the lake? I’m learning to catch em on the fly rod... a river with bass happening would be mega fun!

The bass came off the river. I hve best luck with tube baits.
They are all fun to fight in the river current you get that acasional bigger one that strips your line down to nothing as you be jinger with only 6online on the reel

On a side note I drove the jeep last night got the slave bled on the first shot. Clutch feels supringly stock the luk gold.
Front drive line is not in rear axle still howling like crazy.

Will start axle swap tonight to the 8.25 also have 1.25 heims in route for the front along with some link tabs I gues it's just time to do it all and be done.

Did some measuring lowers will be about 32"is with a 1.25heim snug to the frame bottom link looks to be nearly level almost scarey level.
I have enough heims to scrap the pumpkin side mount and go think off the passenger side. Though I already invested in the press in Johnny joint ohhwell.

I look hard at the stinky fab link brackets but just cant justify the nearly 400 bucks after shipping. After searching hard I think sfr brackets are the best on the market for what i want

The SFR brackets meaning the crossmember? Is t their 3 link set up for drivers side upper? Definitely beefy but ya $$$$

...I gues it's just time to do it all and be done.

Don’t make me laugh bro!! It ain’t never “done”! :gee:

Back