• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slide in rear bumper tie ins

Mcmadman

NAXJA Forum User
I bought some brackets because my factory nut strips were nasty and on the passenger side there is an unused obstruction that is like a little black with two nuts and it not sure what it was used for I tried chiseling it from the bottom with no avail has anyone removed this

I am not sure what it is you are describing, but if on the passenger side it is likely an exhaust hanger of some sort.

Lrxwyce

I just got it out with a pickle fork! Took a small piece of the frame with it

I too am making bumper tie ins, using 2 x 3 steel square tube, and 1 x 2 channel. Nuts strip is 1/2 inch thick bar, drilled and tapped.

I will need to knock out the exhaust hanger tab on right side to get it all to sit flat in the frame. May perhaps drill out the welds holding it.

I will get back to that after I finish my first round of front fender trim. Priorities shifting, dont want my new tires cut up on a fender lip.

Back