• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Chapter Rigs

The familymobile: stock 2000 XJ "Freedom Edition". I can't touch this one until the payments are finished. Picture is on the Bradshaw Trail in Southern CA (near the Salton Sea). The trail divides public land and the Chocolate Mountain aerial gunnery range (thus the bombs):

bombpile.jpg

My daily driver as it sits currently: 1988 Limited, HP44 front, Hi9 rear, 37" MTR's, CHP approved mud flaps, lot's of other stuff:

curbsidejeepshot.jpg

19pickayear XJ, 4.0, aw4, 231, hp44 9", 543's, Yukons, ARB front, spool rear, 37"MTR's, and a bunch of other junk.
step up at Rubicon Springs, pic taken by jeeperamy
vxccwz.jpg

Frank Rains OHV Waterfall, first time getting over it! Pic by BrianC
vxcetf.jpg

Pretty sick rigs everyone has! The only problem is you are all from Kalifornia. :wierd:
Here's mine from the Nevada side. :wave1:

Running 35's on fully polished "stock" axles (HP30 / 8.25) with ARBs and 4.56. Here's my pics from last Saturday:

bronco2006-19.jpg

bronco2006-16.jpg

here's my rarely-driven 97 with 55K miles. 4.0, Atlas, coilovers, D60 w 5.38s and ARB, 9"/14b FF hybrid rear with detroit, 35 spline strange, blah blah. (front bumper is for sale $150, maybe rear too)
ChristripEmmaParty233.jpg

ChristripEmmaParty207.jpg

Here's a shot of my DD all purpose vehicle, while exploring the Lake Britton area, over by Burney....

ToolingAround.JPG

'87 4.0,aw4,atlas 4.3:1,8",35's
my xj wants to be an mj. fordyce wh#1. jes's pic.
picture.JPG

'91 4.0,ax15,2wd,xj 44,6",33x10.5's
my mj wants to be 4wd. hh.
hh1205-14.jpg

Here's my DD, don't have to worry about scratching the paint due to Mortons bedliner paint job. Should look different in a couple of months but for now not bad.
jeep.jpg

This is out by Swimmers Delight by Carlotta, Humboldt County, California off highway 36.

I think I'm in the Sierra Chapter...... :)

Mine is an '88. It has a 4.6L stroker, D44 front and Tera60 rear, auto with NP231 and 4 to 1, on 37" MT/R's.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

91 limited 6" lift 33's stock upper CA. 3.55 gears dana 44 swap. 242 aw-4. con-ferr. ajs super sqaure rock rails 3/16".

fullflex.jpg

on my way to morro bay(next to Pismo and SLO)

flexin.jpg

flexin at a trail called las chichas.

Heres my 97 on 3" and 31's. I hopfully will have finnished my RE 4.5" lift by tomarrow and be rollen on 33's, but as of a couple days ago, this is how it looked.
brandnewjeep002.jpg

yeah if by stock you mean 6-8" lift 35's clearing at full flex. otk steering, and theres no way you got where you are in those pics without lockers, roll cage, winch, hacked rear. but yeah its basically stock.....

Shomsky462 said:
yeah if by stock you mean 6-8" lift 35's clearing at full flex. otk steering, and theres no way you got where you are in those pics without lockers, roll cage, winch, hacked rear. but yeah its basically stock.....

You'd be suprised where he can get that thing without a scratch on the paint. He ranks up there as one of the best drivers/spotters I've ever wheeled with.

1996 2 door XJ, manual, 3.5 " RE, 31 BFG AT, Tom Woods CV ds & Advanced Adapters SYE, front & rear TrueTrac, front & rear receiver hitches.

I decide to take not with quality, but with quantity.

Strawberry trail, November 2005.
Strawberry.jpg

Slick rock trail, near Alpine lake, November 2005
BearValleySlickRock.jpg

GPS showed we are under water of lake Powell already.
Powell.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess II.

4.6, NV4500, Atlas 4.3, 8.8, 44, 4.88, URF three link.

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

Capt. Nemo said:
You'd be suprised where he can get that thing without a scratch on the paint. He ranks up there as one of the best drivers/spotters I've ever wheeled with.

While we haven't wheeled together yet, rest assured that I will be at the bottom of the aforementioned list. I don't listen to my spotters, proceed until I hear sheet metal crunch and believe that my right pedal will always win. :)

My junk -
92 2-door, fool widths, mall terrains, mutt lift, other stuff -

DSC08150.JPG

and I hate mud -
DSC08197.JPG

glad to not be in the MWC for much longer...

And now with the Lift done and tire's on
9b9e4f2a.jpg

This is actually not mine but a fellow members Jeep (the member is too shy to post :)

89 XJ D44, D30 w/ 4.10s. Custom 5 inch suspension lift. 32" BFG Mud Terrains. And currently working on building a stroked out 4.0

2084799_32_full.jpg

Back