• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chapter run to Frank Raines OHV April 8th

Bryan C.

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Well March is upon us and it will soon be time for the Sierra Chapter's second annual run to Frank Raines OHV park. Unfortunately weather and other conditions will cause this park to close with little or no notice. As of right now the park will be open for camping and off-roading. Last year we had a great turnout for this run. Hopefully we will have another great day. There will be a pot luck style BBQ again so please post up with anything you are bringing.

FRANK RAINES PARK INFO

Entry Fee: $5 self registration

From HWY I-5 take the Patterson off ramp and proceed west on Diablo Grande Parkway to Del Puerto Canyon Road (3/4 mile). Turn right and proceed 17 miles up the canyon to Frank Raines Regional Park.

The park is 860 acres of trails, hill climbs, and various other challenges. The area is mostly steep terrain. Flush toilet restrooms, full hook-up developed camping, and a full kitchen recreation hall is available. Day use is sunrise to sunset.
Further information is available by calling our toll free number (866) 648-7275 or the main Parks office at (209) 525-6750.

some useless links
http://www.co.stanislaus.ca.us/er/ohvfaqs.htm
http://www.co.stanislaus.ca.us/er/offrdparkcontents.htm

We will be having lunch once again at the park about 1/2 mile away from the OHV area. There is a small playground for the kids and a nice grassy area to relax and eat lunch.

This run is open to everyone. Members and non-members, and all types of vehicles too. Not just XJ's.
All skill levels of driver and even stock vehicles can have a good time too. I will host an easy run for those interested in a little sight seeing around the park. Most everyone else will be playing on the rocks.

Some pics from last year.

Farmer Matt
picture.JPG

Geoff
picture.JPG

I am planning on making the run. I had a good time last year. Great folks!

my wife, daughter (15 months old) and I will be there.

About the important stuff...food, Megan says we'll be bringing a seven layer dip and chips.

Our group went to FR yesterday, and it seems thy've opened up a bit more acreage. Doesn't mean much to us, but for the dirt bikes there's a bit more to explore. The creek was fun as usual, and had a chance to try out the new bling:

sande2.jpg

sande1.jpg

With all the recent rain, I expected to see more water in the creek. Can't wait to get up there again.

88flexj said:
With all the recent rain, I expected to see more water in the creek. Can't wait to get up there again.

We had thought the same thing. There was plenty of mud (as you can tell) and the huge pond that Geoff got stuck in is a very healthy size. The hill climbs are fun since the soil is a little loose, but the creek is by far where the action's at.

Capt. Nemo said:

That is alot of watter, just a dry spot. Most of the creek is off to the right side I was there a month or so back it was wet and there was a flow but you can see no watter under my junk at the same spot as Eric's photo

47b6dc06b3127cce97e57a69abc700000016108IasWTVu5aE

So its a week away till FR ..ill be in Cabo till friday so id like to figure stuff out by tomorrow so i dont have to rush things.... When are people getting there and is there goin to be a bbq... is the park goin to be open after all of this rain? Hope to meet everyone for the first time and have a good time wheeling with all of you guys

It is one week away. I have been hoping the weather will be good to us. According to weather.com there will be no rain on the 8th. I will be calling the info hotline on Monday and will check back regularly throughout the week. Check back for more info as the day nears. This run is on for the 8th rain or shine.

Check here for up to date weather reports for Patterson CA.
http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/allergies/tenday/USCA0843?from=36hr_topnav_allergies

We will be having a pot luck BBQ, so please bring along your favorite dish. Plans for the BBQ are for us to meet at the small park about 1/2 mile from the OHV park around 1:00 pm. If it looks like rain for the day, I will try to arrange having the BBQ in the covered banquet/BBQ area at the OHV park.

So far for the BBQ:
I will be bringing some hot dogs and buns
Joe and family will be bringing a 7 layer dip and chips
Anyone else want to bring along something?

The plan is too meet at the OHV park at 10:00 Saturday the 8th. Pay the $5 entry fee at the gate and we will meet near the helicopter pad and bathroom area, this will be to your immediate left as you enter the park. Tow rigs can park in the same area, as long as it is away from the heli-pad.

Most of the group will be playing on the rocks. I will be leading a sightseeing low key run for those interested after lunch. Due to the wet weather for the last month I will suggest staying off of the steep hill trails.

Hope to see you all there.

Bryan

Bryan C. said:
It is one week away. I have been hoping the weather will be good to us. According to weather.com there will be no rain on the 8th. I will be calling the info hotline on Monday and will check back regularly throughout the week. Check back for more info as the day nears. This run is on for the 8th rain or shine.

Check here for up to date weather reports for Patterson CA.
http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/allergies/tenday/USCA0843?from=36hr_topnav_allergies

We will be having a pot luck BBQ, so please bring along your favorite dish. Plans for the BBQ are for us to meet at the small park about 1/2 mile from the OHV park around 1:00 pm. If it looks like rain for the day, I will try to arrange having the BBQ in the covered banquet/BBQ area at the OHV park.

So far for the BBQ:
I will be bringing some hot dogs and buns
Joe and family will be bringing a 7 layer dip and chips
Anyone else want to bring along something?

The plan is too meet at the OHV park at 10:00 Saturday the 8th. Pay the $5 entry fee at the gate and we will meet near the helicopter pad and bathroom area, this will be to your immediate left as you enter the park. Tow rigs can park in the same area, as long as it is away from the heli-pad.

Most of the group will be playing on the rocks. I will be leading a sightseeing low key run for those interested after lunch. Due to the wet weather for the last month I will suggest staying off of the steep hill trails.

Hope to see you all there.

Bryan

Thanks Bryan

I'll bring the drinks like last year. I'll bring water bottles, and a variety of sodas:) BYOB:cheers:

Back