• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 engine compartment wiring harness

That hasn't been ruled out but would mean more than 2x the work. That will be decided when I get mine out. Being Monoplegic electrical connectors I can't do!

Well now I'm confused! The harness only has 3 O2 sensor plugs? I gor my harness out and compared it to the "Cali" one and the rear after-cat one is missing?

Been watching this thread so I am curious as to what the outcome will be. You own a Federal Emissions '00? You bought a CA Emissions Harness? Which one has 3 O2 sensor connectors?

Well it's all done now! I had to strip the harness out of my spare "Fed" jeep and put into my old 2000(the repair we made on my harness may have worked).

It didn't work, I lost my #6 inj driver within the ECU when my harness shorted out. We swapped in the ECU out of the spare 2000(Fed) and boom all is good! All I have to now is fix the spare 2000!

Well now I'm confused! The harness only has 3 O2 sensor plugs? I gor my harness out and compared it to the "Cali" one and the rear after-cat one is missing?

There is no o2 sensor after the rear " big" cat

The 4th connector should be down by the transmission on that harness

"Live and Learn", when I received my Ebay harness and realized it was a "Cali" harness I knew I might have some problems.

Right now I'm waiting on a new ECU(with my VIN) to come in so I can put the spare ECU back. Then when we get back from Nascar I'll look into "grafting" my old harness together with the Cali to come up with one harness to fix the new Jeep.

I received my new spray gun and my Dirtbound DIY bumpers but I'm still waiting on the grille header kit and fenders. The spray gun works excellent and I got matching paint ready to go.

I got my new ECU yesterday and installed it today, works fine! What I didn't notice on the temp installation last week was that I took out a ***634AF and installed my other ***634AE, I don't know what the difference is but it worked fine.

I re-ordered my header kit yesterday, instead of a kit I had to order all individual pieces but it will be here tomorrow instead of 6 more weeks(go figure)!

Should be the same computer just the one you took out was a later production.

The later PCM can be flashed to update not sure on the 2000-1 PCM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My new header and parts all came in. It's a little ""rough" so I have been sanding on it. I am shooting for Sunday to paint everything so it can dry while I'm at the races!

Got her painted looks good but I need to add a clearcoat when I get back. Will do a gun write-up in the autobody section.

Which spray gun did you use? I’ve heard the 3M 16580 is a very good, affordable paint gun.

That's the one, Accuspray!

That's the one, Accuspray!

I was thinking of an electric sprayer until I heard about that sprayer. It’s got really good reviews from DIY to paint and body shops.
I need to respray two of my Jeeps, tough finding the time or desire to do all the prep work is holding the projects off. When my friend had a spray booth we repainted my first car, incredible amount of work to do it right.

I talked to the paint store today,.Instead of adding a clear coat (and since I have paint left over), they recommended spraying on a few more coats of color(already have 3 coats) and just doing a "cut and buff" first.

Well I shot 3 more coats on yesterday and I will start re-installing it all. I will try a "cut/buff" later, I need to get this one running so I can install a shift kit on my original 2k!

I've got the spare jeep all put back together now. As I prepare to rub out the paint job, I will have to work on the harness for this one. Between my old harness and the Cali one I bought, I will try to make one good harness.

What it looked like before, and what I've been up doing!
20180118_165916_zpsgmgtcnbg.jpg

20180118_165934_zpspk7ce3gp.jpg

20180128_121924_zpsgat7rjjn.jpg

20180304_122917_zpsjmeo75ds.jpg

20180325_144529_zps8v2okuwa.jpg

20180325_153213_zpsau2x0bwg.jpg

P1080535_zpsnyeqv8tv.jpg

P1080536_zpsukglgrir.jpg

I haven't gotten a lot done. Tues I received my new 9" buffer machine(apparent my old one was to fast) and Sat I finally received my buffing pads! Waiting till I can start and move it out of the sun before I do and cut/buff.

In the mean time the harness has been a major P.I.T.A., all 3 harnesses have some damage from the area around #5-6. It is done now except I need more split-loom!
20180408_093531_zpsuv8sx5gt.jpg

20180408_093535_zpsgsacrmlp.jpg

20180408_093542_zpstqekqjx6.jpg

20180408_130338_zpsnfgdxe4a.jpg

20180408_133409_zpsfxu4c30i.jpg

20180408_134810_zps5sfah4ac.jpg

Damage around 5-6? Please explain

If you found the same damage on 3 different harnesses then it stands to reason that many of us should look there when troubles start

Right now I'm having troubles with code P0432 -- I have new pre-cats -- when scanning the o2sensors I get intermittent readings from sensor 1 bank 2 -- which would coincide with P0432 -- Without looking at it I think the bank 2 sensor 1 wiring comes from that 5-6 injector area in the harness

Thats the 1st place I'll look -- hopefully you just saved me from days of searching for an electrical gremlin -- Thanks

Back