• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Opinions Needed

do you have a pic of your xj with rc 4.5 and 33s. That the sae lift i have and
im trying to decide 32 or 33s did you have to trim wich tires do you have and backspacing on your wheels thanks for your help

I have Rusty's Allied steel wheels 15x8's with 3.75 back spacing and 33x12.50 MT/R's. They did rub while turning at the rear portion of the front fenders...so I removed 1" of fender all the way around. Due to the pain of trying to reuse the factory wheel flares I replaced them with a set of Pacer rubber flexible ones from Quadratec (JC Whitney has them too). I can't see spending a ton of cash on Bushwackers right now ( still in the learning how to wheel phase) and with my luck I would rip the Bushwackers off and tear my fenders up. Not bashing Bushwackers...but $42.00 for flexy's is easier to swallow then $400.00 for Bushwackers right now in my opinion. I wrote to JP magazine and my wheel tire combo question was printed in the current (Aug 09) issue under tire fire...but it was edited a lot and I have no rubbing issues on my control arms nor did I have to adjust my steering locks like they suggested. For some reason my PC will not allow me to upload a pic of my rig. Hope this helps out!

As for the lockers...I put in Detroit Trutracs in two friends' YJ's and they are awesome. You can get them for about $400 each, they are un-noticeable on the highway (even in the ice) and they lock up great when wheeling.

Except that truetracks are not lockers. They are torque-sensitive limited slips. One wheel in the air - the other gets no torque. I have them both in front and in the rear.

Back