• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Scepter Civilian Water Cans

devildog0

NAXJA Forum User
I now have 3 of these going to pick up another so I have 4 and couldn't be happier. While I've never worried about running out of fuel in the US so have never really worried about carrying extra fuel, I have had times where I was low on water and now that I live in an area where dry arid areas are common I'd rather not take the chance of running out.

So at any time I carry two of these when camping. I mainly keep a bunch of these around for emergency water storage at my place not to carry around in the Jeep as they are heavy full of water. Around 35, 40 lbs or so.

I had one of these in the back of my Jeep and while wheeling it fell over during a decent from 8000 feet to 400 feet. It never leaked once during that time.

I suggest these to anyone looking to carry water on their rig. Much cheaper than the "military" water cans. The military water cans are thicker and tougher but this civilian one feels almost as tough.

71eGhJrztiS._SL1500_.jpg

71Clx-WiECS._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MTI0GA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

INdeed. 20 bucks each shipped to your front door in two days with prime.

You can get these at Walmart too.

I bought one at the beginning of duck season last year and used to to help clean the birds and wash hands afterwards. I think its still full from my last hunt. It probably needs a good cleaning.

Thickness wise how do they compare to military grade septers?

I've handled quite a few of the military water cans. These are almost as thick but not quite. If you put a flashlight directly against the side you can see light. As long as you don't plan on dropping them out of a helicopter I think these will work just fine for any civilian.

Back