• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Projext "V8 XJ" Build

So this is how I'm doing the AN fittings. They'll connect to the Walbro 255. I'll have a second one for a return.
I'm going to shave a little off the inside mounting surface so it can be a higher. The 90° an fitting isn't quite seating properly
DA5943FE-87D7-4FD3-8CF1-FDD98C8E1318_zps75wfbi6w.jpg

D756166C-20C4-4BE4-BB1E-CC016DE99E97_zpsmxq05y5m.jpg

I think this may been a fueling issue.....um yea
DB97BC46-BEC1-4B34-BDDD-6C41EEA8B468_zpssahlkexl.jpg

So is I normal to have only 5/8" of travel in the pedal at this point?
7C2C942E-5754-40DC-B956-0272C32934C8_zpspqtdo733.jpg

My pedal is going to be super short. I guess it'll just be really sensitive

Give us more pictures of the entire assembly, and tell us where you're measuring travel from. You'll get 1mm travel if you measure right at the pivot :p.

The travel on mine (same pedal as yours, with about 2-3" of the arm cut off) is only slightly less than the stock XJ pedal. I much prefer the fly-by-wire pedal assembly.

5/8" or so at the stop translates to "much more" out at the pedal pad, where your foot is. Besides, you aren't stuffing a V8 in there to gently modulate the throttle, are you?

5/8" or so at the stop translates to "much more" out at the pedal pad, where your foot is. Besides, you aren't stuffing a V8 in there to gently modulate the throttle, are you?

Lol true

Pedal is pretty much done...I'm going to add another bolt so there's no chance of it slipping. Bent up the bottom portion to match the contour of the floor

Made this mount for the radiator...then realized I can't use it! I'll need to have room for the fan shroud to also mount on the radiator.

Eyup. I ended up cutting out the radiator support and extending the lower cross member rearward a bit to mount the rad on. That gives you heaps of room between the motor and the rad, and assuming you've got a 19" rad, that'll put you right at the top rad support.

Eyup. I ended up cutting out the radiator support and extending the lower cross member rearward a bit to mount the rad on. That gives you heaps of room between the motor and the rad, and assuming you've got a 19" rad, that'll put you right at the top rad support.
Are you worried about the structural integrity of the front?? Cutting out the radiator support seems like it would weaken the front end a lot...

Back