• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Picnic 8/21 at Fiesta Island, Mission Bay, San Diego

Carol.92124

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
:party:Come one come all!!!

It's the Umpteenth Annual SoCalXJ Summer Picnic, and all are invited! Bring your XJ if you can, but just show up and have a great time!!

Figure 10 a.m. til 0-Dark:30, with some of us down there early to reserve a stretch of beach along Fiesta Island right about here:
http://tinyurl.com/SoCalXJPicnic
Just south of the cut-across "short" loop access rd. You can MapQuest/Google/GPS "1510 Fiesta Island Rd, San Diego, CA 92109".

Bring chairs, bikes, Frisbees, kids, friends, friendly dogs (it's an offleash area), food, umbrellas, EZ-Up canopies, RVs, suntan lotion, beach toys, water toys including boats & jet skis, and a willingness to come out & enjoy the day. You do NOT have to show up in an XJ, but it looks really cool when they're all lined up!

Firewood is welcome, but no painted/treated/nailed wood, and no pallets

Alcohol is not allowed (on any beach in San Diego, these days)
Glass containers of any sort are not allowed
Mysterious fluids in plastic containers are known to appear at times
Discretion and moderation are encouraged--law enforcement does patrol

You don't have to bring any food to share, but it's fun to do so. You can grill if you bring a BBQ, and there are fire rings.

If you want to bring something to share,
http://www.luckypotluck.com/potluck/XJPicnic82111

Hope to see you there!! And yes, folks DO drive down from the greater LA area and the desert to come play with us!
party1:

From my party days on Fiesta Island, last month actually lol, RVs are welcomed if you have room. Dont quote me on that though.

i see RVs are welcome. can we park the RV close to the crew? or is the RV area a distance away?

RV's are definitely allowed, get there kinda early to get room. They are allowed pretty much anywhere on the island.

I am looking forward to being down there this year and hopefully staying a little bit longer.

Plenty of parking on the sand, but yes, try to get there early if you want flat packed sand to park on. Kevin & Mark usually bring their RVs, and there's usually a camper or two.
No overnight camping, everyone has to be off the island by 10pm, but if the local campgrounds are full, my ex's street is fairly flat (7-8 mi away), or there should be street parking around my area (12 mi away), or in my unroofed parking spot (short RV <22 ft ).
I hope everyone can make it! It's always a good time =). I planned my summer vacation around being back in time for it... that's a good time, right there!

well, was thinking of bringing the 5th wheel that way i can put the jeep inside along with bicycles, toys, fishing gear, ect. but it's 38' and with the truck it is close to 50'. probably too big to bring on the island. we are only about 30-40 minutes away, so i can get there first thing in the morning, and drive back home that night, but i dont want to hog too much room for all the other folks. only been on the island once many years ago. i think i may go check it out next week to get an idea.

Are Carol's daughters going to be there?

Hey I'll come out to it! Gotta get the jeep running again by then but I'd love to make it.

Anyone wanna help? Clutch go boom, now I replaced it and it won't start lol, plus I gotta bleed it!

Oh, those poor nuts...

And yeah, it wasn't me that clipped you, Cory! That was some crazy crap. No gunshots from me, I promise!

And yes, odds are good that one or both of my daughters will be there. Hey, we could turn it into a fundraiser for Lexa's Cheerleading squad!! Oh, wait, no, not with THIS crowd... I don't think they want to raise money all in dollar bills...

9th Annual Fiesta BBQ Picnic Potluck Sunday, August 21st

It's that time again. Come one, come all. It's time for the SoCalXJ Fiesta Island BBQ Picnic Potluck Show'n'shine Hootenanny Cavalcade!

SAVE THE DATE:
Sunday August 21st, 2011

TIME:
Morning until whenever. Typically Sunrise-Sunset, come anytime between 6am-10pm (official beach hours).

Potluck signup sheet:
http://www.luckypotluck.com/potluck/XJPicnic82111

Map, click on the blue pin, and get directions to:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213636899238715041971.00048d2fe378839f15a18&msa=0

Pics from the past:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=958370
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=243587366&postcount=2

This is the 9th year in a row we drive are XJs to the beach during the summer time for some good food, and water play (Jet ski's boats kayaks sandcastles, fire pits, etc). Bring some food for yourself, and some to share if you like. We can use some tables if you have them.

Feel free to drive your daily drivers, RVs, tow rigs, Tjs, whatever, if that's all you have, driving/owning an XJ is not required, it's just encouraged. You don't have to be a member of SoCalXJ.com either. :D

Info on Fiesta Island (Map/Rules/Regs of the location,etc):
http://www.sandiego.gov/park-and-recreation/parks/missionbay/fiestaisland.shtml

No camping on the beach, closes at 10, no alcohol, no glass containers

IM0008_58-61_sm.jpg

2602082495_c313f17035_b.jpg
2602916546_981b8b5c6a.jpg

2602918292_65c4181cdf.jpg

2602078649_649a996c36.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 9th Annual Fiesta BBQ Picnic Potluck Sunday, August 21st

Carol beat ya to it...;)

Re: 9th Annual Fiesta BBQ Picnic Potluck Sunday, August 21st

Oh man, your bringing back some memories. I miss my old ZJ. :(

Looking forward to another fun event.

Hey I'll come out to it! Gotta get the jeep running again by then but I'd love to make it.

Anyone wanna help? Clutch go boom, now I replaced it and it won't start lol, plus I gotta bleed it!

Come out if you get it running or not. But I'm in the process of getting mine running again too.

Finally got the exhaust back on. Fourth times a charm. First time I tried to buy a new one, but forgot I don't have a factory XJ muffler anymore so the one I bought wouldn't fit. Second time I forgot to turn the gas on on my welder, so the welds were crap. Third time, I ran out of gas on the welder.

Pretty much just need to get a new battery for it, and it should be good to go.

Oh man I had a fun day today..started pulling the intake manifold so I can wrap it with heat sheild...Found a cracked manifold on 4-6 cly. Love it lol, at least the renix header can be welded shut, and I'm certain I found the reason why I failed emissions lol..

Its all good, I have a 2.5" mandrel bent downpipe, a new magnaflow cat, new EGR, new fuel press. reg., new everything lol. Got me some 703's installed just because mine sucked..but this clutch thing is an issue:( Gotta get that taken care of. I honestly need help, but shit I gotta learn.
Got a ground kit coming from John aka 5-90. Maybe a bored throttle body from Leigh performance..I'm comtemplating buying that right now lol..
I'm polishing and waxing this heep so it'll shine, also painting all the chrome satin black..so far grill & bezzels done..Next is emblems & door handles!

Last edited:
Back