• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

advice 8000 vs 10000lb winch

X2o 12k here. Had a warn 9k. Warn stalled out in the hammers when a buddy's 12 had just enough to get me moving. The extra 2k will help when you need it and worth the extra 100 in the long run. I say the biggest that will fit. But I don't care about speed, just as long as it gets me out.

It's a contactor in there and a wireless box. Pretty good setup. I moved the wireless switch in cab. Throw some dielectric grease or battery corrosion proof over all the wire terminals, run it once a month and you'll be happy. Lack of use kills winches.

Throw some dielectric grease or battery corrosion proof over all the wire terminals, run it once a month and you'll be happy. Lack of use kills winches.[/QUOTE]

this ive never heard of. What causes this issue??

also ive just come across rugged ridges spartacus winch. i believe they also are the same as smittybilt. Im happy to hear the smittybilt x20 has contactors so i wonder if any other brand does other than superwinch ( for the money).

What type of bumper connections did you have when it failed and yanked the bumper off? Most bumpers sold commercially have the 3 bolts per side configuration.

few bolts through the unibody on each side. I knew it was a time bomb. tie ins ordered

Back