• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sound deadening and insultaion.

Not sure about the second, but the first is just butyl rubber with a foil covering. I patched up a metal roof with that stuff. No obnoxious odor or anything, but it's no cheaper than the stuff Mesh used, and probably more difficult to apply (6" wide vs 15").

Loctite? Hardware? Paint? Bungee cords? Ball mounts? Hitch baskets? Coolers? The nifty foam rubber matting people stick in the cargo area? MDF for speaker enclosures? Indoor/outdoor carpet?

Q&A
Q Loctite? A Work
Q Hardware? A Work
Q Paint? A Summit
Q Bungee cords? A Never use them
Q Ball mounts? A Scrap pile/ Work
Q Hitch baskets? A That should not be on a Jeep
Q Coolers? A http://www.bear-aware.com/ordering_information.htm
Q The nifty foam rubber matting people stick in the cargo area? Non stock JW
Q MDF for speaker enclosures? A Too much work
Q carpet Indoor/outdoor? A Well may be!

I want to try some Lizardskin as undercoating. The price per gallon is scary. Then you look at how many gallons they recommend to use and it gets worse. Still it's not Dynamat what are they selling it for these days $100 a square foot.

I used a product called Noise Killer, comes in a spray or a gallon container. it can be hard to find but it works extremely well, and is about $25 a can.

just purchased RAAMMAT BXT II for my '93 xj.
i have no sound deadening at all on the floor.
pulled it all out to fix water leak and patch floors up.

Back