• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheels

bigbakdak

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2 door that a recently got and I just got a set of rollers for it off of my buddys 01. They are stock steel XJ wheels with 32x11.50 tires. The problem is... Even if I run them backwards the tires still rub the rear springs. And faceing out they wont even get near the lugs. Does anyone know why this is?

its your wheel backspacing... you'll need to get some aftermarket wheels or spacers.

What rear axle do you have? Ford 8.8?

With a stock Xj rear end (60.5" wms) and 32x11.5's on stock wheels, you have about a half inch of clearance between the leafs and tires.

If you run a ford 8.8 or a really ballooned tire, you won't have room. You probably need to go to aftermarket wheels with a backspacing appropriate to the tire size, or buy some wheel spacers.

I know I need wheels. But I dont know the back spaceing I need due to whats going on. The stock steelies mounted backwards is nearly flat from mounting flang to rim lip. The tires are just bald BFG M/T's.and I still have no clearance. And the axle is a stock Dana

between 3.75" and 4.5" backspacing.

stock wheels are 5.25" backspacing.

I think you need to post some pictures so we can help you. ;)

I would but my jeep is in my garage at my parents house in Ohio. I am at my house in Jacksonville NC due to the Marine Corp. But I will as soon as I get there.

*nod*

its just that what you are saying doesnt add up, theres gotta be something lost in translation. :)

bigbakdak said:
I am rubbing with stockers on backward. Thats ends up being a 1.75 BS.

how the hell is that possible?:confused:

I'm pretty sure running them "backwards" is giving you a negative BS'ing. If you had a 1.75" BS...they would almost be like fwd car wheels like what Civics and other little homo cars run.

I are a big fan of black steel wheels. Wheels of the free variety are nice too, but if they don't work. They don't work. I would reccomend 3 1/2" of BSpacing. This will still leave you the leeway to go to a wider tire if the need ever presents itself, especially if you find some more of the free variety.:D

BruceB83 said:
I'm pretty sure running them "backwards" is giving you a negative BS'ing. If you had a 1.75" BS...they would almost be like fwd car wheels like what Civics and other little homo cars run.

I think you've got this backward. A FWD rim would be just the opposite. Their backspacing would be close to the rims actual width, maybe even more.

buy some steelies from summit. 15X8 comes with a 4.0 BS and will cost you only $40 per.

Back