• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

door hinge

edmaude

NAXJA Member #1368
The lower hinge on my drivers door is not seperating as others have, but the pin on the lower hinge seems to be gone or rusted out. How can I fix this? Dealer item or make one?

It may depend on the year. Some have pressed-in pins, that are hard to replace, and some have roll pins that are very easy. My 87 had the roll pins. You can get a pin kit from the dealer for the pressed in ones that includes bushings, I think, or, if you can punch out the old pin remnants, you might be able to get a replacement from the auto parts store. If it's a roll pin, go down to your nearest tractor store and get a 1/4 inch roll pin and pound it in. It will push the remnants of the old one out. I don't remember the length, but standard ones are either a little too long or a little too short. Get the long one, and when it wears you can just tap it down a little more.

It is on a 96 so I am guessing the door might be the same config off your 87. I guess I'll call the ole dealer to find out for sure

edmaude said:
It is on a 96 so I am guessing the door might be the same config off your 87. I guess I'll call the ole dealer to find out for sure

My 95 has the solid pins. According to the FSm they include a bushing, so you can get the kit from the dealer that includes both a new pin and a bushing. You need, of course, to punch out the remains of the old pin, and the old bushing, first. It sounds as if it might not be all that hard to do, but I haven't tried it so can't guarantee.

langer1 said:
Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Michael Waltrip got them at Napa.
Fixed

Back