• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1993 XJ For Sale

CherokeeManatee

NAXJA Forum User
I'm selling my 1993 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4. It runs but cannot move due to a grenaded rear differential and will need to be towed upon purchase. I live in Santa Barbara but the vehicle is in Camarillo.

$1,000 OBO and buyer tows and smogs.

I'm looking for a quick sale before I have to junk it and my schedule is flexible, depending on the day, to meet in Camarillo. I purchased it stock and in good condition in 2009 and spent a couple years upgrading it and wheeling hard with folks in my community and with the help of yall here on NAXJA. It was a daily driver from 2012-2019 before I bought a commuter car and it's been sitting since August 2019. I didn't add differential fluid before driving it and, after it leaking dry, the rear end locked up. Silly and a lesson learned the hard way....

Clean title with current registration through 4/2020 - smog-ready but needs to be done by the buyer after purchasing (passed in April 2019 with a new exhaust manifold installed).
Miles: 226k

Features:

• 4.0 Liter High Output (HO) inline 6 engine
  • Sport package
  • Manual 5-speed with Hurst shifter handle
  • 4-door
  • Power Windows
  • Power Locks
  • Heat/AC works
  • 4 wheel drive with 4-hi and 4-lo
Lift:

Driveline:

• Both axles re-geared to 4.56 with G2 Axle & Gear/Spicer parts and a 39 tooth speedo gear
  • Front Axle: Stock Dana 30 with Ruffstuff Specialties differential cover
  • Rear Axle: Chrystler 8.25 29-spline from a 1999 XJ with Powertrax Noslip Autolocker
  • Rubicon Express transfer case lowering kit
Armor:

• JCR Offroad belly skid
  • Stock metal gas tank skid
  • Custom tube rock sliders
  • Braided brake lines front and rear
Miscellaneous:

• Currie Heavy Duty Tie Rod
  • Aftermarket CSF HD 3-row radiator
  • M.O.R.E. Bombproof motor and transmission mounts
  • Tow Hitch - Max Gross 5,500Lbs
  • Roof rack mounts
  • Sway bar removed
  • Fenders cut back
  • CB Radio with fiberglass antenna wired into the dash
Most components in the engine bay have been replaced, or upgraded, in the past 10 years except the engine and transmission. I'm happy to give you a run down in-person. It has had its issues over the years and would make a great parts donor if you don't want to fix the rear end.

Comes with new suspension rod for rear hatch (I installed one already) and a brand new mechanical fan shroud (mechanic broke it and bought me a new one). I'll throw in a bumper-wraparound rear tire carrier that ties into the hitch nutplates if you want.

Photo Album

PM me for my phone #

Put me in line. Ill let the wife be pissed at me..

Back