• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you doing to your rig - the continuing saga

20210716210229-3113a54b.png

i.php

Did they deliver it for free! :wow: You have tons a work to do!!

Lookin good! Whatd the donor set you back? House the engine? Is it a 4.0 ho, or the 4.7 v8?

I just put on new hatch struts I got off eBay for $18 a pair . I've been using vice grips for years I remembered to order them when I got my cooling set up which I'll be putting in tomorrow and moving my trans cooler to the rear with the new fittings . If this front mounted triple fan set up doesn't do what I need it will work great if moved to the rear ... IMG_20210721_053122954_HDR.jpg

I just put on new hatch struts I got off eBay for $18 a pair . I've been using vice grips for years I remembered to order them when I got my cooling set up which I'll be putting in tomorrow and moving my trans cooler to the rear with the new fittings . If this front mounted triple fan set up doesn't do what I need it will work great if moved to the rear ... View attachment 7396

Out of curiosity how are you plumbing the lines to the rear? I've thought about doing something similar with my MJ. read to use exhaust tubing to do it. Also are you using a high flow pump or stock?

Out of curiosity how are you plumbing the lines to the rear? I've thought about doing something similar with my MJ. read to use exhaust tubing to do it. Also are you using a high flow pump or stock?

Possibly exhaust tube on the main section in-between the flexible fittings at each eend or heavy duty marine grade hose and somw kind of flexible fitting at each end ...could just be some of the old hoses I have . The stock pump works fine for this so no need to upgrade for that purpose . I think once I open up my grill area a bit moving the trans cooler and having the hood vented while running 3 e fans the under hood should be reasonable and the big mechanical fan gone so my worry of massive collimg system failure if it hits the radiator is gone so not much reason to move it from labor to reward ratio .

Possibly exhaust tube on the main section in-between the flexible fittings at each eend or heavy duty marine grade hose and somw kind of flexible fitting at each end ...could just be some of the old hoses I have . The stock pump works fine for this so no need to upgrade for that purpose . I think once I open up my grill area a bit moving the trans cooler and having the hood vented while running 3 e fans the under hood should be reasonable and the big mechanical fan gone so my worry of massive collimg system failure if it hits the radiator is gone so not much reason to move it from labor to reward ratio .

Nice, I'll be interested to see how it turns out. Are you using a stock size rad or?

Nice, I'll be interested to see how it turns out. Are you using a stock size rad or?

I would use the stock size . There would be a lot of extra volume anyway considering the added coolant capacity from the tube . Like I said if I don't like this front cooling set up with the triple fan shroud and full aluminum radiator it will get moved to the rear as it will be a ready set up just needing to be hung off the c hoop ...lol... I got to button it up and stop doing bs work on it so I can have it on the trail labor day weekend . I'd have more time but my tow rig needs to have the front end pulled apart since the Ball joints are moving up and down , so I have two new skf hubs spicer joints and some xrf ball joints to go in so I can continue to two like an asshole without losing a wheel .

Cut the lexan and made windows to out back in.I screwed up my sheets I somehow grabbed the 3/16th sheet instead of the 1/4 and started my cut for the rear hatch window both sheets were sane length size just one thicker . The .188 is plenty thick but 1/4 would be better for that size window so it stays stiff I was lucky the 1/4 wasn't to thick to go in using the stock window gaskets...lol...they're probably bullet proof form a 22 at 1/4 ... The others are only 1/8th the bark gray shade 135 is about equal to my factory tinted rears they replaced. Now I need to re mask and paint the fender wells black after the over spray as I only covered the tires and struts so I have green speckles on the black I was going to line the boat sides but that seems like it will grab too much so I'll just use steel it on them again . Next weekend = paint radiator /trans cooler then the tow rigs maintenance and I get to go drive over stuff for Labor day weekend . I haven't decided on keeping the middle finger hood vents or doing a set of hyline louvers I think the middle finger louvers are too small I may put them on my trailers ramps for tail gaters .

IMG_20210723_140824229.jpg

I changed the oil!! Because the engine mount bolt hits the filter when upright, it was installed sideways, which necessitates removing the adapter to get the filter off. Getting old, couldn't get the beotch back on myself, had to have Zac hold it above, while I got the bolt in below. Did manage to install upright this time. LOL.

Changed a windshield wiper. :)
Added coolant this past weekend.

I was driving up a nearby canyon, trailer in tow, when the temp gauge hit the "ANGRY" zone. Stop, observe, add about a gallon of 50/50 coolant: Life is good!

On a side note, the fall colors should be good this coming weekend.

Changed my front brakes (upgraded to ceramic, MUCH better stopping).

And next I need to find out what's making a growling noise from the rear when the driveline is freerolling off-load.

Just put a set of BFG MT 35x12.50x15's on to replace the ATs. ATs are out of stock across the US. The MTs are fairly loud above 80mph and tend to wander a lot more.

I just finished front and rear brakes. I am trying to wrap up my full width Dana 44 build for the rear. I am waiting on my axles.

Anybody got a Dana 44 Detroit laying around? ha ha

Once finished, I will be pulling my regular width Dana 44 with Detroit and selling it. I would like to keep it together rather sell pieces.

I am installing a cool down timer on my fan as well.

Back