• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wishbone???

Wishbone Or Stay the same?

• Wishbone Setup

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Short Arm

Votes: 24 40.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 27 45.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wiser

NAXJA Forum User
hould i put in a wishbone setup in the front of my Daily Driver? Or SHould i stay short arm, the way i am now.:eeks1:

there was a recent thread showing the results of a failed wishbone setup on the hiway.
not that the idea isn't good, or the design was flawed, but it seemed like it wasn't meant for stresses normally encountered on the road at high speeds.
That being said, as its stated above, if your asking, and its your daily driver I would think NO.
I'll build bumpers, rock rails and such, but I don't mess with controls arms and steering, one should know ones limits, skill and knowledge level.

you can buy wishbone front suspensions for an XJ?
ya learn something new everyday.

Its you DD brotha you out yo damn mind? Sorry ghettoness came out of nowhere

ok im in a good mood so instead if interweb beating the hell out of you ill type this out.... ditch any notion of the wishbone it isn't a streetable setup.... because the suspension will cycle straight up and down now as opposed to in a gradual side to side caused by the panhard you will experience bumpsteer.... ie as the suspension cycles up and down over bumps and whoops in the road it will steer itself, also as you steer with pressure on your tires (ie trail use) it will push the body up and down and lessen steering deflection... just out of curiosity where are you buying a 'bone setup from?

honestly for a daily driver stay close to stock, because when you break some thing you want to be able to get parts asap. adjustable arms and drop brackets work pretty well and keep the geometry simple

haha NO. Don't put a wishbone on your XJ are you CRAZY??? Thats just insane.

all the tacoma and ranger guys want to do SAS for better flex and offroad ability, so why would an xj owner want to go to wishbone, unless it was for jeepspeed. if anyone has an intelligent answer to that i'd be delighted to hear it. if you're trying to improve on-road handling...think of it as upgrading a d35. you just don't do that. as previously stated, get a civic and you'll have 4 wishbones.

From me... Thats where. :D

and all you guys that are talking about, "go by a civic to get wishbones" etc... Dont talk about something that you know nothing about. You just sound stupid.

If you know about wishbones, you can see that they have a good off-road benifit, they're just not the best on-road. Which is why those who know are telling Anthony not to use it for DD purposes.

Last edited:
swbooking said:
From me... Thats where. :D

and all you guys that are talking about, "go by a civic to get wishbones" etc... Dont talk about something that you know nothing about. You just sound stupid.

If you know about wishbones, you can see that they have a good off-road benifit, they're just not the best on-road. Which is why those who know are telling Anthony not to use it for DD purposes.

You got pics of the setup just curious how it looks on a XJ?

PM HellBilly04 if youd like, he ran it on his rig for a while, i never got a chance to run it on mine, but It will be going on our MJ soon since Anthony's not buying it anymore.

asp387 said:
all the tacoma and ranger guys want to do SAS for better flex and offroad ability, so why would an xj owner want to go to wishbone, unless it was for jeepspeed. if anyone has an intelligent answer to that i'd be delighted to hear it. if you're trying to improve on-road handling...think of it as upgrading a d35. you just don't do that. as previously stated, get a civic and you'll have 4 wishbones.
A 1-piece UCA....
Dsc04156.jpg

Back