• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeepspeed 4 inch leafs for daily, overlanding, trail

Tmgoutlaw25

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2001 xj that I am building for a daily driver/Overlander/medium to hard trails but not extreme. Now when I daily driving my jeep I am usually pretty easy on it but occasionally I do like to hit stuff kinda hard and I will have a roof rack, body armor,a drawer system,tools, gear etc. so I'm thinking a regular set of leaves won't hold up for long under all that weight I will have in the back and I was curious if the jeep speed 4 inch Leaf springs would be about what I'm looking for and be able to handle the abuse of having all that weight? The jeep speed leafs look like they have a lot more leaks in the pack so that's what I'm going by. If any of you have another option that might be cheaper and works just as good and will last just as long feel free to throw the suggestion at me.

Deaver springs are what you want, they are the standard for Jeepspeed and will last longer than most any other brand out there. They ride great around town and work better on the trails.

I am ordering a custom set of leaves from Deaver on Monday. Gomer is a 5500 lb. pig that is mostly expedition and slow rock crawling, though I, too, want to be able to hit something at speed (likely accidentally) and have things not go crazy.

Will have to see how they work. I expect miracles.

David Bricker / SYR

The friends thing on Naxja doesn't really do much. You can add them, but it has zero effect on anything. ;)

The deavers will work twice as good and last twice as long.

Rusty's makes total shit. Deaver makes the best leaf springs available.

What's the major difference between a set of Seaver leafs that are going to be about $700 after shipping and a set from rustys that will be about $550?

At that small a price difference, no reason not to go deaver

Get axle weights, figure out how much lift you want, and if your going to run shackle relocation brackets. You can fine tune ride height using shorter JKS shackles or longer Rubicon Express shackles and playing with shackle angle. I had the top 3 leaves replaced on my G-9 pack and went the next size thicker to give me some more ride height and higher spring rate. You can save some cash and get them customized from the get go.

Back