• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So long So-Cal, hello SEC

Al. Welcome! Hope that we get an opportunity to get to know you as well as the SoCal guys did.

We've got lots of places to wheel around here. To name a few within 3 or 4 hours of you:

Wheelin in the Country in Summertown TN
Wooly's Off Road in Lynnville TN
Turkey Bay in Land Between the Lakes KY
Hale Mountain in Elora TN
Windrock in Oliver Springs TN
Black Mountain in Harlan KY (Home of the Cherokee Crawl)

Post up if you ever want to check any of them out.

Thanks, Dirk! I’ll be making the move in two phases, and won’t have the Jeep moved until sometime in the fall, most likely. So, realistically, I doubt I’ll be doing any wheeling this year. But I look forward to meeting you and the rest of the SEC crew eventually.

Hey Al, might be sending somebody back there to keep an eye on you. My oldest son, the one that moved to Idaho a few years ago has decided, or he and his wife have decided it's not for them. I guess they're going to be driving back to Tennessee here in the next couple weeks looking at areas a little north of Nashville from what I understand.

I'd say he'd be there to make sure you keep your shit together but I really don't think he has his together either.

And Tom, sorry about losing our delivery service.

What is wrong with that boy?

What does he not like about Idaho? Too hot this summer? This wasn't (isn't) a normal summer.

Remind him he still has those reinforcement templates before he takes off for good with them.

Bummer that he doesn't like Idaho and is looking to move again already. That has to be a pain. At any rate, he should make a killing on the sale of his home here.

I’m still in LA. Had a trial scheduled in July that got continued into September. I’ve given notice to my landlord and plan to pull out in August, and then turn around and come right back for the trial, unless the case settles, which I really hope it does. Once I do make the move, I’ll be about an hour’s drive WSW of Nashville. Moving is sure a major PITA, but I’m really looking forward to starting a new phase of my life in Tennessee once the move is done.

I’ve hired a contractor already to finish building my shop/garage, and he’s just waiting for me to get there before doing the work.

What is wrong with that boy?

What does he not like about Idaho? Too hot this summer? This wasn't (isn't) a normal summer.

Remind him he still has those reinforcement templates before he takes off for good with them.

Bummer that he doesn't like Idaho and is looking to move again already. That has to be a pain. At any rate, he should make a killing on the sale of his home here.
He made a killing on the first house he bought, sold it bought the one he's in now; and just looks to make a killing there too.
Has to what's wrong with him, that's his wife's problem now!

I’ve been struck in LA due to work stuff since I closed on the house, but now I really am just about out of here. I’ll be hitting the road week if all goes according to plan, and then I’ll be coming back in November to clean out my mom’s garage and haul the Jeep out to Tennessee.

Adiós amigos.

I’ve been struck in LA due to work stuff since I closed on the house, but now I really am just about out of here. I’ll be hitting the road week if all goes according to plan, and then I’ll be coming back in November to clean out my mom’s garage and haul the Jeep out to Tennessee.

Adiós amigos.

Say hi to my eldest while yer out there. He, his wife and my granddaughters are in Buchanan now. Well, just outside to the north.

Be safe in your travel, sir!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OK. This is finally it. Really. Not kidding this time. I’ve taken all of my tools and anything else remotely useful out of my mom’s garage, made several trips to the dump, had all the old paint, brake fluid, cleaning products and the like hauled away by a hazardous waste disposal company, and have the Jeep loaded up on the trailer. I’ll be rolling out before daybreak tomorrow for the last time.

Farewell for now, friends.

fb579f7a5a25903d22cd20e9d2ed0819.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Safe travels Al! Post up some pics of the new shop once you get situated.

Drive carefully, and I hope your journey is trouble-free.

David Bricker / SYR

Congratulations.

It has been 3 years and I am still moving stuff. Sounds like you are doing a far more efficient job than I.

God damming. Since I haven't been around I didn't see this one coming so didn't have a chance to drink whiskey and smoke cigars with you.

Text me when you visiting L.A. again.

Congratulations.

It has been 3 years and I am still moving stuff. Sounds like you are doing a far more efficient job than I.

I moved out of my house a year ago now and still have a garage full of stuff and plenty in the house. Spent a good amount of time this Thanksgiving weekend clearing kitchen stuff, actually.

Note: That house is also *still standing*. Damnit. Early this year when we were at like 90% through the loan process their title insurance company found a problem. It's not with a lawyer and waiting to go before a judge to clear issue caused by my grandfather filling the form out incorrectly in 2006 (two transfers ago, actually).

Maybe when that's clear the bank will give me a pile of money and I can finally knock the house down and build a new one.

Post up some pics of the new shop once you get situated.

The contractor I hired to finish up the already partially-built shop that I bought with the house just finished the structure this morning. I’ve still got some work to do, such as putting in a driveway to the double-wide front door, running electrical (there’s already a sub-panel in the shop, including a 220 circuit), hanging lighting, and building a big-ass work bench along the back wall. But that’s all happy happy work!

So, by popular demand . . . OK, one request, here are some pics.

007ff13c9a4a08b5af5d7f0a5d5e6214.jpg

766d762d644018a3271b590465d762ea.jpg

9dab26b10768e0e6f1480b891b8f7270.jpg

7b5362e1a28d4b58ce0b04470e900baf.jpg

18496fa2476817656f297251bc724e7f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back