• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Broken Exhaust Bracket-- How to Fix?

RShotl

NAXJA Forum User
I just figured out the source of a knock I had, a broken exhaust bracket has the exhaust bouncing around and knocking. Whats everyones experience with fixing it? Should I go to a welder? Can I get away with putting a rubber washer between the exhaust and that crossbeam thing its resting on for the time being?

Did you break the u-shaped piece on the exhaust pipe, or the chunk on the crossmember?

I broke the u-shaped piece a number of times.... until I figured out my motor mounts were shot.

ChiXJeff said:
Did you break the u-shaped piece on the exhaust pipe, or the chunk on the crossmember?

I broke the u-shaped piece a number of times.... until I figured out my motor mounts were shot.
I broke a U shaped hook up near the front of the car, near the cross member. the exhaust is now resting on the cross member and is the source of my woes. How much would a muffler shop charge for something like this? Can they reweld that uhook on there or what?

RShotl said:
I broke a U shaped hook up near the front of the car, near the cross member. the exhaust is now resting on the cross member and is the source of my woes. How much would a muffler shop charge for something like this? Can they reweld that uhook on there or what?

Anything more than $40 is highway robbery. Unless they have to fabricate a new bracket. They can do whatever you tell them to do. Exhaust shops specalize in stuff like that.

Back