• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Light bar mounting

Huh, I will look that up

He might be talking about the gutter mounts for a roof rack. But yes, those would be easy to build off of. If you and Kevin cannot find another way to do it.

So I ended up just mounting it to the bumper for now. Ignore the angry eyes. They're a joke

6e7anaga.jpg

I'm thinking of fabbing a bracket to mount my future light bar/bars above the cowl area. Just above the wipers. Thought that might be a cool place to put it and glare off the hood(I have a white jeep) should not be an issue because the light itself would be in the sight line of the reflection off the hood.

i whipped this up at work (dirtbound offroad) the other day

its 44.5" plate to plate should be able to mount your light bar off that. you would have to weld on some tabs or call and talk to max with measurements and i may be able to weld them on for ya.

That looks pretty sweet! Not a bad idea. But talking w a buddy I have decided to go smaller. Here's my reasoning. I am keeping the jeep that color and I'll get pretty bad hood glare unless I go full spot, but I need flood too. So I am going to copy another rig and get a 36 or 35 inch bar and push it back into the grill. Away from radiator, away from rocks, and no hood glare. That's the plan at least.

Similar to the Olympus one, but less of a wind sail, and less ugly, IMO. :kissyou:

Not sure where I found the pictures, but I beleive they were on an expo yota of some kind, based on what you can see in the pics.

Make it yourself, shouldnt bee too hard.

That is gorgeous. Once I'm settled into the new shop I plan on coming up with some vehicle specific mounts of our own. There are none on the market for an XJ that I personally get excited over.

That is gorgeous. Once I'm settled into the new shop I plan on coming up with some vehicle specific mounts of our own. There are none on the market for an XJ that I personally get excited over.
If you make them, and price them competitively, you will make a killing. I would think ~$100-150 for a basic mount, with non dimpled holes and no tube. Add $50 for dimpled, and $65 for the tube?

If you make them for WJs, you will retire in a year. There are none on the market that are worth anything, and everyone seems to want one for the mall crawler (myself included). Issues with lack of pinch seam, and sun roofs cause issues, but should be easy to make.

Seriously, if you want to prototype, Im pretty sure Im fairly local to you.

If you make them for WJs, you will retire in a year. There are none on the market that are worth anything, and everyone seems to want one for the mall crawler (myself included). Issues with lack of pinch seam, and sun roofs cause issues, but should be easy to make.

This. I looked around on mine and it seems like it's going to be tough to make a decent mount for the WJ without drilling through some painted sheet metal. The roof rack is too far back to use. You can't really mount inside the door jamb because that's where the 'drip rail' is, plus the door gap is very small in that area.

I think I'd want a mount for a radius bar, don't like the way the straight bars look on a WJ at all.

looks real similar to the tubing i build for mine!

Similar to the Olympus one, but less of a wind sail, and less ugly, IMO. :kissyou:

Not sure where I found the pictures, but I beleive they were on an expo yota of some kind, based on what you can see in the pics.

Make it yourself, shouldnt bee too hard.

Back