• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vanilla Gorrilla blog

Glad to see you went with the 3.8. You will love the gearing choices, and the stupid low makes the deep rocks almost boring.

You thinking Moab in Oct? Would be fun to catch up with you SC guys again.

Thanks D.

Its on my strong possibility list. New job and house are making my vacation possibilities hit and miss. I really want to go. Probably wont know for about a month.

Haha. Here you go

So this is what you get when you order an new atlas. I got the cable shifter kit as well as the xj specific shifter kit.
9f8a9a45529fceae2b5d6673e5bf289c.jpg

So I have 1:1, 2.72:1, 3.8:1, and 10.34:1.
With the ax-15 and 5.38s in the axles i will be at 212:1 crawl ratio. So yeah ill be changing my driving style a bit.

Bad ass. Get rid of the XJ shifters, they are retarded. I ended up using the straight universal shifters.

Wish i would have know that. Oh well. Thanks lou.

Anyway picked up some new johnnies tonight.
Crazy deal.

731fb5504480a3116c33ed16fe7e49c1.jpeg

Got a set of 5 so ill have all matching tires now. Haha. Been a long time since i had that. Shaping up to be a new jeep this year. Ha

Yeah Gordo-work it-doin great!

Peaking into crawl ratios; a site mentions ~50:1 as a number for double duty vehicles?
212?! You're in it now, crazy amounts of torque. Any changes to your driveline to handle that?
What's getting smasho'd next?

50:1 is certainly a good ratio for an automatic and mostly street rig. Your torque converter slips alot, and gives you an almost infinite crawl ratio. So its not as critical until you get much larger tires.

I have a manual so my first gear is set. Having a few extra choices to go deeper than that is a huge help depending on terrain. It also greatly prolongs my clutch and gives me alot more control.

I will be upgrading my driveshafts soon but my axles are certainly up to the task for my 35s. I will have to keep my head about me with gear selection and throttle control. But my setup is certainly not brittle.

No picture of the shipping label? Half that sucker is mine!

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Pay for half you get half. Haha. I def owe you a six pack. Saved me a ton of money shipping to your shop. Thanks alan.

New track bar. Finally replacing the budget re unit. It flexes quite a bit.
471f0446d61321792f4c0db7f6d20509.jpg

Fyi TNT has a 10% off for red letter members. Just have to call them.

Using one of their Terrain Masters code will get you the same 10%. Black Friday this year was a 10% off code as well.

Looks like 10% is the biggest discount they offer.

Very cool :worship:. I love that I can go down fairly steep hills without riding the brakes, but a complete stop, even on level ground, definitely requires more pedal effort, and that's with just the 3.8 ratio.
Bad ass. Get rid of the XJ shifters, they are retarded. I ended up using the straight universal shifters.

I agree with Lou. I cut/re-welded my XJ shifters to give me a straight shifter. The bend in their shifters put the handles through the floor right about where the e-brake handle is. I don't have the cable shifters though, so maybe yours will still work for you as is.

Very cool :worship:. I love that I can go down fairly steep hills without riding the brakes, but a complete stop, even on level ground, definitely requires more pedal effort, and that's with just the 3.8 ratio.

I agree with Lou. I cut/re-welded my XJ shifters to give me a straight shifter. The bend in their shifters put the handles through the floor right about where the e-brake handle is. I don't have the cable shifters though, so maybe yours will still work for you as is.

Yeah. Im going to see how they land first.

When i stop ill be pushing in the clutch so stopping should be about the same. Haha

I have the xj style shifters. They worked out fine for me.

I have the ebrake handle then main case twin sticks and I made a bracket to mount the third stick toward the front of the stock hole.

Got a ton of snow at the house.
45613c5f633171a67e2da7cdef1ddda8.jpg

Garage is still not fully setup as we have been doing projects inside the house.

Took the Jeep out and got it stuck on my property. Steph had to come give me a tug with the suburban.

This week I’m getting my new tires mounted on beadlocks. And on my new spare rim. And also diagnose the clunk.

I love living here.

Im jealous of the snow !!! we got snow all day for 2-3 days, but it was not constant, and would start melting as the sleet hit ! we were hoping for 6", but we got 1/2" to 1" that melted on and off.

Back