• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Code P1698.....Please Help!

ColoradoRaptor

Headbanging Hillbilly
Code P1698 - No CCD/J1850 Message From TCM. No CCD/J1850 messages received from the electronic transmission control module (EATX) or the Aisin transmission controller.

A few weeks ago my check engine light & key light came on. Went to Autozone to have the ECM read and the damn light would not come back on and the reader could not pull any codes. The check engine did not come on again until last night and it is not staying on it will come on for a while then go out. I did manage to get the code read at Autozone today though!!

Any input here would be very helpfull!! Just did a search and everything I have read points to CPS?!?!? Can this be right?

I am getting a little worried here as I do not have alot of money to throw at the heep now due to my divorce!!

CPS has its own codes. TCM is mounted (the best I can see from the book) under the instrument panel-- looks to be to the far right of the the OBDII connector and looks kind of like a square box. I think I'd check that wiring connector first....With the CEL going on and off, I'd think something in the wiring. (of course I could be totally wrong)

Book says it gets input from the following sensors:
TPS, trans speed sensor, vehicle speed sensor, NSS, and brake switch. Says nothing about the CPS

If it's still shifting properly, I would suspect a wiring issue on the OBDII bus. I wouldn't fret too much, so long as it's still shifting and asking properly.

Yes, it seems to be shifting correctly. What kind of wiring issue?

First thing I would do is find the TCU and disconnect and reconnect the
wiring harness. I've found that a lot of times there is what I'll call "invisible corrosion" on connectors and the action of just plugging them in and out will make them work again.

First thing I would do is find the TCU and disconnect and reconnect the
wiring harness. I've found that a lot of times there is what I'll call "invisible corrosion" on connectors and the action of just plugging them in and out will make them work again.

I will be cleaning and reconnecting them first thing tomorrow.

Well, it seems to be getting worse..... Now my volt meter is acting really wierd, It will peg at 19volts for a while then settle back down to 14. What the heck is goin on here?:banghead:

Back