• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone alive here

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
This forum still active? I signed in to try and contact old members but as a former member i guess im 400 msg beyond that ability, there a fb option now? Cant even post a pic, 9 yrs ago we used photobucket , that shits dead, looking to gain new info on rear leaf advancements, rear through floor info and roctrac swap, any xj geezers from forever ago still active?

This place isn't very active... I guess fb killed everything.
Go to boostwerks to look at rear shock relocation. There's also a YouTube video or two of people installing his shock towers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Speak for yourself ! This is my 20th year here!

Still around. With the smaller number of cheap XJs around and the explosion of FB groups we're probably seeing a lot less traffic and new registrations/memberships.

I stole the boost werx shock tower idea then after building mine I'm left wondering what holds the boost werx towers in.
Theyd need substantial framing inside the hatch area to survive normal rd vibrations not to mention shock loads pushing and pulling

I'll get some pictures of mine in a few

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

How I did it frame is plated for about 15" then towers built off them. Can run any length shock . Think these are only 9ish stroke shocks.
You might notice the othere shocks hanging out in the stock locations. I've been slacking on removing them and they're brackets.
8e45dbb69283c4a38fa792714acee206.jpg
c13540ab22e79160eb06df2ce421b6a0.jpg
68d89b4de2ac25224751183cd41efec4.jpg
3c16e1750d98c9066980740f2e10178e.jpg

I still check in now and then, password resets on here were a bit painful but sorted now. F__K Facebk!!! My 1990 is still chugging, trying to get a good alternator (1990 XJ - Limited Renix) and though I did apply the Kelley's WIP cables and fuse etc. still have some minor electrics issues. Stereo loses power when I use turn indicator stalk (left and right).

Anyway, glad NAXJA is still here! even if kelleyswip is not functioning anymore :-(

I still check in now and then, password resets on here were a bit painful but sorted now. F__K Facebk!!! My 1990 is still chugging, trying to get a good alternator (1990 XJ - Limited Renix) and though I did apply the Kelley's WIP cables and fuse etc. still have some minor electrics issues. Stereo loses power when I use turn indicator stalk (left and right).

Anyway, glad NAXJA is still here! even if kelleyswip is not functioning anymore :-(

Yeah, not a facebook guy either, I will never support zuckerberg.

As for NAXJA I am sure the traffic will go up if they allowed non paying members to post photos, and make edits to the posts they write.

Without the ability to post photos or edit errors in my post, it makes NAXJA website very unattractive to non payers like me. And I have free nonfaceplant (facebook) alternative that allow free photos and editing.

The NAXJA website is well laidout, moderated well, has good folks, but the lack of photo posting and edit ability make it my second choice after Cherokee Forum, which has a more clunky looking website, but gives free photo and edit ability, it also has good folks there and good moderators.

I am dumb, and new at the jeep thing, so I appreciate all info, and this website does offer great info, but the lack,of photos and editing makes it difficult to use. Id love to get your opinions of things I have done on my jeep, or to help me solve a problem, things I need photos to show you. So I go to Cherokee Forum for that.

Using a forum like this with no photo ability is like going back to to the text only dial up days of the early internet!

The competing Jeep or XJ websites do allow free photos and editing. So why pay a fee when another place offers it for free? And that site appears to have more traffic too. I wonder why?

If free photo posting is allowed, traffic here will go up, and that means that NAXJA will be able to justify higher ad prices, which vendors will gladly pay for do to the increased traffic.

If NAXJA was the only XJ website around, yeah, maybe I would pay, but hey you got more than one competitors offering simular products for free.

Also I have been involved in other makes of cars websites for over 20 years, all of them free, all allowing photos, editing etc... They have grown and grown.

Consider it! It will be good:lickout:

I completely agree.
Theres guys giving tons of information away for free pretty shitty that thats what draws traffic in and those sharing info have to pay

I use Tapatalk for all my forums. It allows me to post photos here as well as others

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

tapatalk is def a good tool.

Getting parts together for my f/r 44 axle swap and thought about starting a build thread on here. I think we have a few regulars who would follow or discuss.

editing or lack thereof used to bother me. now I just make another post... I pay about every other year it seems. works for me

You don't have to be a paid member to post photos. Anyone who wants to post photos has to host them somewhere. I believe the BOD is working on changing platforms so that NAXJA will start hosting photos, but that is a project that has been ongoing for years.

Editing is the privilege of paid members, and that is a relatively new privilege. It used to be there was no editing allowed after 20 or 30 minutes.

Things have improved. Hopefully they will improve more in the future.

FREE sites like https://imgbox.com/ or https://imgbb.com/ make posting photos pretty easy, members and non-members alike.

You can upload and copy more than one photo at a time.
Copy the BBcode and paste in your message. Boom, done.

I'm on here again with my 5th XJ, was on here years ago with my first couple but long forgot the user names and passwords so I made new one. I'm also playing with a ZJ 4x4 at the moment but still prefer the XJ on trails for size and fun but the ZJ rides like a cloud. both are seemingly very capable in street or light trail in there current condition. Stock height and tire sizes on both for now. Mods are pending for the pair after my other projects are done. Love NAXJA

Back