• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My jeep build with photos over the last few years.

Step 22 makes nice stuff.

One of their tool rolls is on my wish list.

The stepp 22 roll does seem to be nice.
Don't forget to look at the atlas46 stuff. Ill be ordering the mechanics roll

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Adventure Tool Company (ATC) makes nice stuff too.

I checked them out. Very nice stuff.

I fit a set of hydraulic wrenches in today full set up 1 1/2
bdda9b32a62f0ebe6a84b4bed51cd78b.jpg
42be31f9180d8851d2a558d7ae1647a1.jpg

Will be on 35s tomorrow after I get off work . Then Christine and I load up to go on a camping trail run. Should be fun loaded down heavy on a brand new tire thats bigger. Probably run into all kinds of issues
82c67ff7183399196e807797d84d2c48.jpg

Tires mounted moved alittle metal in the fender area. Jeeps is getting loaded. Aired up to 15psi.

Doing a 30mile loop and staying on the mtn. Jeep won't move till we head for the trail. 15miles asphalt then 20 or so gravel then 30 on the trail.

35" maxxis razr.
03b55b632f741aba10d091db783c0067.jpg
c22a3027ffa732ab46fe914602c9bf54.jpg
ed36811f9f151eb7ccf44604ddd019e8.jpg
b2dce129fe41f12c0322b4d315faa9fe.jpg

Awesome.. just bought some 35s as well

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back though not many pics.
Tires have amazing traction and feel good at 15psi.

Theres a creek crossing i normally have to do in 4wd. It exits over a small vertical ledge with a couple tree roots. Easily walked out in 2wd
Another spot where a beaver damn sends water down the trail I could do in 2wd but with speed this time I stayed slow threw no mud at all just went right through.

4.88 gears still feel good speedo reading 65 actual is 55. Tires make a nice Humm sound but not to loud and much smoother with balance beads compared to my old tires with most the weights knocked off.

Front shocks feel alittle soft. I may see about firming up the valving. Theyre suposebly valved for 35s and I got used to them with 33s

Last pic is after 70 miles.
Was slightly worried about front fender clearance but only rubbed ounce on the passenger rear but not enough to mark tire or damage any tread.

Denverd get some pics of your 35s up. Or did you.
386196c76b382ab3c0bcd3ee74a014f1.jpg
b38f07813182c073939a10e26337407e.jpg
e51f279f5f53498ccad7ef5fc89ec1d0.jpg
6a043abc15cfa6cf7150da5d9825f63d.jpg

Thanks Jeep Ride.

Thank the no edit feature for the additional reply

Got to pay to play! Lol
Of all the things subsrcibe to this forum is definitely worth throwing a yearly due at imo

Where's the video?!? 35s look on ya bro! Jeeps taking form for sure

I saw the word atlas and started to ask if you hit the lotto!!! Lol tool roll is niiiice though! Keep up the good work man, love the new look- a d better yet the incredible increase in functionality

Haha thanks

Wish I could afford a atlas. Im gear up for a jb conversion super short sye. I cut yokes out of a driveline to see if I could fab my own with original parts. Looks like its doable so ill be returning a front driveline to go along with the sye. It will gain like 4" of driveline length with the sye, but also loose tge speedometer but who needs a speedo.

Haha thanks

Wish I could afford a atlas. Im gear up for a jb conversion super short sye. I cut yokes out of a driveline to see if I could fab my own with original parts. Looks like its doable so ill be returning a front driveline to go along with the sye. It will gain like 4" of driveline length with the sye, but also loose tge speedometer but who needs a speedo.
I know you have the 8.25 rear, but I've often wondered if the Ford 8.8 with a speed sensor could run an xj speedo... That would be a super cool retrofit

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I dunno probly.

The super short sye runs a digital pickup im assuming for clearance issues. Figure I'll just use GPS on my phone if I feel I need a speed reading

8.8 would be cool upgrade is it getting signal from abs tone rings?

Also. I have a sfr inner steering box stiffner along with a frame crack im pretty bummed about. Im fairly amazed my frames cracked its a small crack but is still a crack. Its cracked on tge under side of tge frame. Amazed cause I have 1/4" plate on outside along with the sfr weld in stiffner. Must need to sleeve box bolts to truly gain strength

I've orderd a ironman ebay knock off box stifner since boostwerx is a wall. The iron man unit looks like it will work but I can't leave well enough alone. Im going to hack it up and some gussets to it just in general beef the shit out of it. And build some kinda protection from rocks. Since the pillow block will be venerable. You wouldn't think it would be but my bulkhead is mangled pretty bad.

I'd think you could fab a good brace with your tool setup. I have a bolt on crossmember of sorts that attaches to the frame and the track bar bracket. Better than nada but not as good as them pillow mount thingys

Im tired of building stuff. Im at the i just want to run it stage instead of doing some thing on it every week fixing or upgrade that then find the next week point. Can't I just steer without breaking the frame. Shhhhss

I dunno probly.

The super short sye runs a digital pickup im assuming for clearance issues. Figure I'll just use GPS on my phone if I feel I need a speed reading

8.8 would be cool upgrade is it getting signal from abs tone rings?

It has a tone ring on the ring gear. I do like the 8.8.... I just don't have to think about breaking it with 35s.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back