• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Unicorn - a light duty trail rig

I'm looking for a black micro mini push button switch.

Something like this, but for a 1/4" or 3/8" hole. I have found a few, but they are nickle housings and not black plastic.

605055_round_push_button_switch_main_1500px.jpg

Any suggestions?

Have you checked Orvac Electronics down the street, they might have something. I haven't been there in a while.

I checked Dell City and don't see switches that small, most are 1/2"

So for a while now, I've been running a prototype aFe cold air intake. I haven't been talking about it, because it was someone else's prototype.

But its in production (although not yet available) now and on their website. It's the nicest intake I have seen, and made a substantial driveability difference.

This one was 3d printed in pieces for fitment and dyno testing. 16 ponies to the wheels (and you can feel that in your butt..).

download_20180226_080253-me.jpg

It was tested with aFe's oiled filter element, but I've heard whispers that it may be offered with a dry element as well for those people who insist on it.

download_20180226_080256-me.jpg

https://afepower.com/afe-power-54-46209-momentum-st-pro-5r-cold-air-intake-system

Last edited:
Huh surprised the air housing made much of a difference. Never had much out of the different ones I've tried, most open airs.

Cal, the vibration you had did it oscillate (vibrate then dissipate then vibrate, etc) under load?

Ah.

There was the 2wd trans, then there was the bent driveshaft, and the atlas rubbing the crossmember which i trimmed (SFR trans mount also fixes that).

No vibes in forever.

WRT that AFE intake, I assume you must be talking to someone there if you have been running a prototype, do you have any idea on whether or not they are applying to CARB for approval? If so, do you have any idea why they are cutting off at '97 rather than '96? Is someone at AFE not aware that '96 is also OBDII?

I like that intake.

Unfortunately that’s where my arb compressor is.

You think the gain is worth moving it?

I absolutely do.

TBH, I didn't notice when they added the intake to the car. I hadn't been driving it for a couple of weeks (travel) and then they had it for a week, returning it with the intake installed. I drove it for a couple of weeks, and then gave it back so they can do their dyno testing (after i'd put a couple thousand miles on the ecu and filter). Then I drove it for another 3 months with that intake.

Then smog testing came around and i swapped the factory intake back in (as they hadn't gotten the carb EO yet).

I certainly noticed that. It was like driving around towing a trailer. Sudden loss in acceleration, downshifting more, drop in fuel mileage. I like to be thorough about things, so i put a new wix factory air filter in, and no change.

I'd have told you 1-3 HP from an intake before this and been insistent about it. It was eye opening for me.

Last edited:
Back