• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Meeting or get together?

railroadjeep

NAXJA Forum User
I missed the first meeting or two, any thought been given to having another meet, or just an informal get together to sit around an shoot the breeze?

Chris

Sure, why not. Let's plan it for maybe 3 or 4 weeks out (beginning of March) to give people time to plan accordingly. Last time we did it in Renton. I think it's a pretty reasonable location for all since we have members a few hours North, and a few hours South.

I think a wheeling trip should be planned soon too.

Steve

get together

hey, what about may for a wheelin trip/get together? The weather is gettin warm by that time, and it would mean hopefully i'd be able to make it there from germany/iraq. Key word hopefully. Well, hope to finally meet some of you guys soon!

Kristen

Traffic on Fridays does suck. I think we'd shoot for Saturday between 12 & 2pm. The resturants are not very packed at that time so we can just sit and BS for a while, plus it gives the out-of-towners time to travel if the wish.

In May/June, I'd like to pre-run the Naches area to get familiar with it before our event. At least cover one or two trails.

I think we ought to plan an outing in March to Reiter or maybe Tahuya. NE1 up for it?

Steve

Steve, I'm up to do the pre-run of Naches with you. I've never been there, but I'm itching to wheel. Any thought about combining a trail run with this up-coming meeting? I'll try to make that one way or another, but March looks pretty busy, so a trail run would help me to show up.

Willis said:
Traffic on Fridays does suck. I think we'd shoot for Saturday between 12 & 2pm. The resturants are not very packed at that time so we can just sit and BS for a while, plus it gives the out-of-towners time to travel if the wish.

In May/June, I'd like to pre-run the Naches area to get familiar with it before our event. At least cover one or two trails.

I think we ought to plan an outing in March to Reiter or maybe Tahuya. NE1 up for it?

Steve

dellstopjeep said:
not to sound stupid, but where is the naches? NEver heard of it. GUess im still to young. :doh:

It's my guess is 15 minutes Northwest of Yakima of you know where that is. If not according to Mapquest it's about 2 and a half hours Northeast of Vancouver.

- Kevin

PS If there's a NAXJA trip there, do you need to be a member to go or can you just have an XJ? :p

running naches

Do you guys want to run naches, or chinook? I'm more familiar with the chinook trails, but I can probably kidnap my brother for a weekend for the naches trails.....he pretty well knows 'em like the back of his hand. I'm up for anything, long as I can make it home! If ya need more info, gimme a jingle!

Kristen

ladywolf said:
If ya need more info, gimme a jingle!

Kristen

Would that be a long distance phone call then? :jester: Just kidding, when I hear "gimme a jingle" I think via the phone.

I think running Naches would be sweet, I've up in that area once, and it's really really fun. I'd like to go back again someday, my experience there was just awsome.

Chris

The area Ladywolf is refering to I believe is the Rimrock Lake area,It`s a more rugged area ,not good for stock or next to stock vehicle. The Nachess area is a good mix for any vehicle. There is usually snow in the upper areas past Memorial Day.

hards91xj said:
The area Ladywolf is refering to I believe is the Rimrock Lake area,It`s a more rugged area ,not good for stock or next to stock vehicle. The Nachess area is a good mix for any vehicle. There is usually snow in the upper areas past Memorial Day.

Yeah, I've heard of alotta carnage from Rimrock. I like Naches becasue it offered more options for varying rigs.

Back