• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock n Roll in CA

jcnoble

NAXJA Forum User
7.1 woke up my wife on the patio. I just held on to my beer. Dogs in hiding.

Not even close to the Northridge quake in 94?

But the big guy has my attention..,.

Rock n Roll. !!

Time to break out the surfboard and hit the street.

It seems so dangerous to live where those earthquakes happen...

:rolleyes:

Not even close to the Northridge quake in 94?

Rock n Roll. !!

Don't remember feeling that one. Now the Big Bear / Landers quakes were a whole nother story.

Landers was just before the Northridge quake. I remember Northridge most because all my block walls were knocked down and stuff in the house thrown all over. We slept outside for two days. The truck bounced two feet down the driveway.
Work closed for a week and the 118 freeway moved a few feet plus the 5 overpass fell down and cars were stranded on the bridges.

Was at Dale Bros. Brewery seeing the Crown City Bombers play....almost didn't notice the quake until everything was swaying in unison.:gee:

Well, I guess I showed up a day late, and missed all the fun.

Noah said at PSR, they lost a few bottles of beer off the shelves. A tragedy, but they will overcome.

At PSR, the restaurant front windows are plexiglass, (5 foot x 5 foot), as a customer broke one of them out 3 years ago. That may have been a good thing. Noah said they flexed about 2 inches.

David Bricker / SYR - LAX

I think that is very real.

Too many years ago, when I was in my late teens, I was working underneath a car that was up on ramps when an earthquake struck. Laying on the ground it sounded like a freight train coming. Once the ground started shaking and I realized what was happening I scurried out from under that car like my tail was on fire.

It may be worth noting that where I grew up was on a ranch in the mountains. Nothing paved and nothing flat. The car didn't come down, but my life was still probably shortened by the event.

Article appears to be corrected - it says NV, near the Cali border.

Picture of Jeep - I would call a high lift jack and cinder blocks as "safely" lifted.

A shame it happened, for sure.

David Bricker / SYR - KOA

Are those his boots sticking out the front? Poor guy.

f2efabe538280192ffbe49d1e8033130.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back